Hi

I have just starting using the new platform and I would like to place two moving averages on the chart, the 5 period exponential moving average on both the high and low on a candlestick set up.  I can only find one option for an exponential moving average on this platform which does not work for my particular strategy.  Any help would be gratefully received!

Duncan

Hi @bugattii4  Moving averages are based on the close price of the period so a 5 period ema is the average close price of the last 5 periods/bars/candles of whichever chart you are using eg hourly or daily, (leaving aside it being exponential so the latter periods are  weighted more).

Not sure what you mean by 'on both the high and the low' of the candlestick. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    Badman27
    Joined 26/09/22 06:08
    • Pepsico Inc., Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Pepsico Inc.,(PEP:NASDAQ): Daily Chart,September 26 2022,  PEPStock Market Analysis:It has moved as predicted from the last forecast. However as I cannot see five waves from the last move to the upside, I have reasons to believe we will get another corrective leg. PEP Elliott Wave count:  {b} of 2. PEPTrading Strategy:Looking for short off the end of wave (c) of {b}. PEPTechnical Indicators:200EMA acting as support. TradingLounge Analyst: Alessio Barretta Source: Tradinglounge.com Get Trial Here!       Pepsico Inc.,PEP: 4-hour Chart,September 26 2022 Pepsico Inc.,Elliott Wave Technical Analysis PEP Stock Market Analysis: Looking for wave (c) to reach the point of control up where wave (b) of {a} is. PEPElliott Wave count: (b) of {b} PEP Technical Indicators:The EMAs are crossing, which is often times a sign of reversal. PEPTrading Strategy: Looking for a short term long to trade wave (c) of {b}.
    • For more up to date news on how markets will open, the latest earnings and economic news, watch IGTV live in the platform at 07:30am UK. Today’s coverage:   Indices: Europe expected to open mixed after the Dax and CAC hit a new low for the year on Friday. FTSE100 up as weak GBP benefits exporters. Asia down overnight FX: GBP in the mire, record low (since decimalisation) vs USD but down across the board Equities: none to speak of today as it’s all about the sell-off and GBP etc Commods: Gold lowest since April 2020 (at a record high vs GBP). Oil near low for the year. Lumber 28mth lows      
    • Commodity Futures Market Summary: Elliott Wave Trading Strategies; US Gov Bonds 10 Yr Yields, US Dollar Index DXY, US Spot Gold, GDX, Silver, Copper, XLE Energy ETF, Crude Oil and Natural Gas Market Summary: Stronger Dollar index weaker FX pairs and commodities. Shorting Gold stocks seems one of the better moves. Expect all metals and energy markets lower  Video Chapters 00:00 US Gov Bonds 10 Yr Yields 08:04 US Dollar Index DXY  13:58 GDX ETF /  US Spot Gold 15:44 US Spot Silver 17:20 US Copper / Lithium / Uranium / Nickel 25:20 Crude Oil. Sector XLE / XOM 34:42 Natural Gas 48:44 Thanks for supporting! Analyst Peter Mathers TradingLounge™ Australian Financial Services Licence - AFSL 317817 Source: tradinglounge com