Monzo and challenger banks

247trader

A post by @trendfollower made me think of an article I read this week where Monzo have partnered up with transferwise to offer international payments! 

I think Monzo is great. They’re getting take over bids all the time, have a growing team, and really it’s what millennials want. 

Many others out there feel the same? Revolut maybe? Are they a serious contender to take on the big boys? 

https://monzo.com/blog/2018/06/25/monzo-international-transfers/

54 minutes ago, TrendFollower said:

I think Revolut is going to attract the new and younger generation for sure. I am not so sure that it will be a serious contender to take on the big banks anytime soon. The question is will the big banks adapt to change effectively and amend their business model and strategy to cater for the new generation and technological revolution we are witnessing.

They’re far to big and clunky for that. More likely to just buy the little ones up where possible. 

Altho there are probably laws about that but I wonder if these newbies are small enough to sneak through the regulatory net? 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    Flip47
    Joined 09/12/21 11:56
    • Yeah had fairly tight stop and it was a bit choppy so got knocked out. Uncorrelated methods will work together as you say. 50% levels will work while the trend is still on but when/if that stops so does the method I would imagine and you have to do something different.
    • EUR/USD rallies as GBP/USD and USD/JPY struggle A break higher for EUR/USD contrasts with continued weakness for GBP/USD and USD/JPY. Source: Bloomberg   Forex United States dollar EUR/USD Euro USD/JPY GBP/USD  Chris Beauchamp | Chief Market Analyst, London | Publication date: Thursday 09 December 2021 EUR/USD breaks resistance EUR/USD has succeeded in breaking higher, pushing above trendline resistance yesterday. Gains however have stalled for now at $1.133, as they did at the beginning of the month. Broader upside would require a move above $1.135, but the longer-term downtrend remains in place. Source: ProRealTime GBP/USD continues to struggle Unlike EUR/USD GBP/USD remains under pressure, hit by changing expectations of a UK rate hike and the return to some Covid-19 restrictions. The yawning gap between the price and the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) above $1.35 refuses to close, and so far there looks like no sign of a move to the upside, which would require at least a move back towards $1.33. Source: ProRealTime USD/JPY edges lower Gains with USD/JPY have stalled at ¥113.60, as the price retreats back below the 50-day SMA. This drop will need to move below ¥113.00 to indicate the sellers are back in control. Alternately, the bullish view is revived with a move back above ¥113.80. Source: ProRealTime
    • Slightly misleading as the survey actually asked: "If you had the means and ability to invest your money in an asset, would you be more likely to invest in traditional stocks or cryptocurrencies". The actual figure was 7%, i.e. 7% have sold stocks or bonds to buy crypto (which to mean is surprisingly high): https://civicscience.com/investors-selling-significant-amounts-of-stock-to-buy-cryptocurrency/ What it all means though is more pain ahead when the crytpo bubble/ponzi collapses and all these investors will wish they had left their money in stocks!