Expiry trades on FTSE100 and ASX200

Guest Cassemiro

Guest Cassemiro

I'm actively trading the FSTE100 on expiry every third Friday in the month.

I'm not looking in to do the same on ASX200 but are unable to find the period when the settlement period start and duration of it. 
The calendar is known https://www.asx.com.au/documents/products/expiry_calendar_2018.pdf but unsure on the settlement period. 

Is there anyone in the community that know this?

Cheers Casemiro

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aussieannie

I am wanting the same information as Cassimiro. The FTSE expiry happens between 10.10 and 10.20 am London time. This is a set time where the market moves up or down about 10 -20 points and returns to the same point. It is a very predictable trade. The ASX has the same trading opportunity but we need the exact time it occurs on the ASX. I tried asking Magnetic Trading, but it seems it is a secret despite many $ spent. Thanks for reading my question.

The FTSE expiry takes place every 3rd friday of the month between 10:10 and 10:15 am UK time and volatility increases every qtr during the same period.

The ASX200 expiry takes place every 3rd thursday of the month between 10:00 and 10:15 am AEST time and between 10:00 and 10:20 am on the 3rd thursday of every qtr.

Guest Cassemiro

Thanks KL for your answer. Thanks also to the other contributor of the blog...

I will continue monitor the ASX behaviors during the settlement period and see if it acts in similar manner as FTSE. I did trade both marked successfully during triple witching last month but I was very unsure about the time period of the ASX settlement so thanks again.

Archived