Signal Trades

Having taken another look at the IG provided 'signals' last week and being impressed with the copy order function I thought to try again on demo.

Between PIA and Autochartist they chuck out a lot of signals, so you need to filter them. Only markets you are familiar with and in line with recent trend of the particular time frame.

Do a basic check and be happy with chart structure, expected duration, direction, entry, stop and limit position. Make sure the risk reward is reasonable, there are still some signals where the risk is twice the reward (one of the big criticisms a few years ago) . Copy the order, set size and hit the 'place the trade' button, double check the lines on the chart are as expected. I also decided not to tinker and just let it play out.

I set an order on Friday but wasn't triggered so order was removed, another similar signal come in Monday so I set the order again and was triggered.

No reason not to play around with this on demo and will be interesting to see results over a number of trades.

The trade below is in gold and is running a bit longer than expected but still fine.

1072345944_SpotGold_20180920_14_12.thumb.png.dfbcadb2b15244343b3a45934be8e1c9.png

Archived