Sign in to follow this  

USDJPY

Agree and I feel it is likely to break back into a final rally leg to match stocks and Oil until the tops on the latter 2.

USDJPY-Daily_121018.thumb.png.4c26614e064698c51fd20c27e89f1d35.png

USDJPY breaking out of a potential ending Triangle to a retrace move, prompting a rally up in support of indices rally.

USDJPY-1-hour_161018.thumb.png.1e0ebda16f446139388e050b4aa94179.png

Yen fly in the Stocks ointment.  Looks like this pair is set for at least a retrace, which could spell another leg down or support retest for stocks...

USDJPY-1-hour_301018.thumb.png.f32857a414ccd85cc9fe514c409bd3fd.png

USDJPY seems to be intent of retracing at the moment.  Downward pressure on stocks today?

USDJPY-1-hour_021118.thumb.png.50fe52ef14fcee7551075dc7b2c4c4ea.png

EUR and GBP vs USD appear to be going to projection just now but next week will be crucial I feel to deciding it.  Regarding the Yen, I am not trading it right now but am using it as a correlation market with Stocks, I am seeing USDJPY moving largely in sync with stocks (not an exact match of course and different strengths but directional decent for now - don't expect that to last long term though).

In line with my short term projection for stocks I see USDJPY also retracing.  This market is trading in either a rally Channel or Triangle formation for price action on the Daily Chart, both are valid for now.  I could see a retrace back to the 4 Hourly chart recent down-sloping Triangle (Pennant?) breakout OR back to the support Daily chart lines and then rallying.  This would align to a Stocks move of a similar nature.  If this market does breakout into a rally though it could signal similar on stocks and Nikkei would be the one to assess as regards this overnight tonight.  All very ST right now so prone to go either way so staying on the sidelines to watch this one and stocks simultaneously.

USDJPY-Daily_021118.thumb.png.7fb95a452165358814c95f019b6c639c.pngUSDJPY-1-hour_021118.thumb.png.6b38fcee98d16d96876c4fc8e5f8dc6d.png

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Our picks

• Post in Successful strategy?
      Analysis of 43 million trades by DailyFX showed that 61% of trades are actually profitable (when looking at EURUSD specifically). Read more about that and check out their Podcast here. Have any questions? Ask away.
    • Brent Crude rally ends, time for the big Bear!
      "Looks to me like my question as to whether the the 25 April turn was a rally end or a simple retrace may have been answered as Brent price dropped hard through the supporting lower channel line.  I would like to see the recent lows broken to confirm but odds are that this market is now heading down.  Could this mean that Stocks have also topped out?"
      • 2 replies
    • Post in Dax & Dow
      What are your long term opinions on market movements? "As for the Dow above 26k lets rock and roll long. Below 25k time to get more aggressively short in my eyes."
    • Post in US 500 - Potential Shorting Opportunity
      What's your trigger for opening a trade? Discuss with others on the Community, specifically about the US500: "I think there's a potential possibility of shorting S&P 500 brewing.  I want to wait to see if the 20 MA does drop beneath the 50 MA."
    • A split in the trade war path; growth forecasts; EU Parliamentary elections - DailyFX Key Themes
      Are We Turning the Corner on Global Trade Wars? There were a few very prominent, positive developments on the trade war front this past week, but is it enough to systemically change the course of the global economic standoff back towards the cooperative growth of the past?
      • 0 replies
  • Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    RAJ2021
    Joined 23/05/19 15:00