USDJPY

phillo

• 2 weeks later...

EUR and GBP vs USD appear to be going to projection just now but next week will be crucial I feel to deciding it.  Regarding the Yen, I am not trading it right now but am using it as a correlation market with Stocks, I am seeing USDJPY moving largely in sync with stocks (not an exact match of course and different strengths but directional decent for now - don't expect that to last long term though).

In line with my short term projection for stocks I see USDJPY also retracing.  This market is trading in either a rally Channel or Triangle formation for price action on the Daily Chart, both are valid for now.  I could see a retrace back to the 4 Hourly chart recent down-sloping Triangle (Pennant?) breakout OR back to the support Daily chart lines and then rallying.  This would align to a Stocks move of a similar nature.  If this market does breakout into a rally though it could signal similar on stocks and Nikkei would be the one to assess as regards this overnight tonight.  All very ST right now so prone to go either way so staying on the sidelines to watch this one and stocks simultaneously.

USDJPY-Daily_021118.thumb.png.7fb95a452165358814c95f019b6c639c.pngUSDJPY-1-hour_021118.thumb.png.6b38fcee98d16d96876c4fc8e5f8dc6d.png

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• Web3 wallets have reinstated asset control to crypto enthusiasts, causing a paradigm shift from the regular central authority exerted by traditional exchanges. Web3 Wallets like Bitget Wallet has taken a step further to raise the security standard, ease of use, and overall user experience. Following the swift expansion and adoption of Bitget Wallet ecosystem, and in the spirit of celebrating its 6th year anniversary,  the team has launched an exclusive Merch giveaway. This opportunity opens up as one of the exciting opportunities available on the Wallet, and only requires simple task participation to be eligible: • Follow the official Bitget Wallet X account @BitgetWallet • RT + comment #BitgetWallet6Years • Give insightful feedback about Bitget Wallet and stand a chance to win Bitget exclusive merch like T-shirt, Cap, Hoodie and Wristband • Fill in the form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd2vHpF8sg-f4putq-suYxSRpGVhxce3EXHKZy3D1Kf0ejRDQ/viewform?usp=send_form This event lasts from May 18th 16:00 – May 21st 18:00 (UTC +8) Guys be sure not to be left out!
    • I have traded £/$ option for a few years but wondered if anyone can tell me why IG option prices fed from UBS Bank have drastically departed from the Black Scholes Pricing model recently, which it used to conform with? Whilst this is an OTC mkt IG have informed me in the past that they "follow" BSM pricing, which they used to do by and large but now:. Example: £/$ Sept 13100's: Call Option mid: 31. Put Option 510. BSM pricing model price on £/$ Sept 13100's:  Call Option 71  Put Option 343. Thanks.
us