DMA for shares

Guest EdMiller

As I understand it, Direct Market Access for shares with IG does not allow me to place orders directly onto the London Stock Exchange electronic order books. Instead with IG, I would actually be buying (assuming I qualify as a 'Professional client' and am granted DMA) a CFD based on the underlying price of the share itself. Therefore I would not be able to use DMA in a stocks & shares self-select ISA (though I would be able to see the Level 2 price data if I paid the L2 data fee) because CFDs are not allowed in ISAs.

Have I understood this correctly?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    bte123
    Joined 02/12/22 12:12
    • Charting the Markets: 2 December FTSE 100, DAX 40 and CAC 40 give back gains ahead of US unemployment data. EUR/USD, GBP/USD, and AUD/USD gain ground ahead of US jobs report. And gold rallies and oil holds steady, while natural gas continues to drop back.   This is here for you to catch up but if you have any ideas on markets or events you want us to relay to the TV team we’re more than happy to.
    • Having established the underlying economics of its flagship project at Sanankoro, Cora Gold chief executive Bert Monro talks about the work still to be done. On the share price, Monro says that much of the downside is priced in and as the company progresses the work schedule, it should then see more upside response as it moves along the path to production.  
    • The Bank of Canada (BoC) announces its last monetary policy rate decision on Wednesday 7 December.   IGTV’s Jeremy Naylor looks at the prospects for the short CAD/JPY position ahead of the event. With the direction of travel down for the Canadian dollar, Jeremy looks at up and coming areas of support.