julian

Guest juliangrainger

Guest juliangrainger

hi, I haven't traded for about 3 years due to business .A nyway I thought I would have another go and tried to place a controlled risk bet on the dow daily. my gs  was 30 points away from entery so I was risking  £30 .it the told me I needed to put up a margin of £1250, for a £30 bet . I confirmed this with ig them selfs and they said that was correct. so my question is are there any small traders left . I have about £10000 but it dose not seem any good

@juliangrainger,  you may have missed that the EU regulators severely slashed the amount of leverage brokers were allowed to offer non-professional clients. So the margin requirement is much increased as you've noticed, a major factor in the margin calculation is the price of the asset so the margin required for Dow and S&P is much larger than for Ftse and Dax for example.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart, ChianLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD) LINKUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Zigzag Position: Wave C Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave (I) of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level: 8.498 Details: Wave C May be complete and the price increase again in Wave A or I. ChianLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD)Trading Strategy: It looks like the correction wave (II) is over. And the price is rising in wave (III), so we will focus on the five-wave increase in the Impulse pattern, which is likely to stay above the 24.00 level. ChianLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating an Uptrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bullish Momentum.   Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge H4 Chart, ChianLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD) LINKUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Zigzag Position: Wave C Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave (I) of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level: 8.498 Details: Wave C May be complete and the price increase again in Wave A or I ChianLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD)Trading Strategy: It looks like the correction wave (II) is over. And the price is rising in wave (III), so we will focus on the five-wave increase in the Impulse pattern, which is likely to stay above the 24.00 level. ChianLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating an Uptrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bullish Momentum. Technical Analyst : Kittiampon Somboonsod Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!  
    • Would love to grab at a little lower!
us