I have yet to buy my first share for myself. I shall be buying for investment for the moment ie buy low first and hopefully sell high later.

I notice that I must pick an order type when placing an order.  I have found 6 order types that I could choose from.

Is there any education on the IG site that tells me the pros and cons of each. I can find about CFD and spread betting but as yet nothing about the basics of my first purchase.

Which Order Type would you recommend for a newbie like me.

16 minutes ago, Philipus said:

Is there any education on the IG site that tells me the pros and cons of each. I can find about CFD and spread betting but as yet nothing about the basics of my first purchase.

Hi @Philipus,   take a look at this page for share dealing order types on IG;

https://www.ig.com/uk/help-and-support/investments/share-dealing-and-isas/what-types-of-order-do-you-offer-for-share-dealing

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Our picks

• Post in Indices
      "UK retail sales at 9:30 and US durable goods at 1:30. Strong bear day yesterday though only Nikkei tested key support levels." Stay up to date on how the indices are moving and have your say.
    • Post in Successful strategy?
      Analysis of 43 million trades by DailyFX showed that 61% of trades are actually profitable (when looking at EURUSD specifically). Read more about that and check out their Podcast here. Have any questions? Ask away.
        • Thanks
    • Brent Crude rally ends, time for the big Bear!
      "Looks to me like my question as to whether the the 25 April turn was a rally end or a simple retrace may have been answered as Brent price dropped hard through the supporting lower channel line.  I would like to see the recent lows broken to confirm but odds are that this market is now heading down.  Could this mean that Stocks have also topped out?"
      • 7 replies
    • Post in Dax & Dow
      What are your long term opinions on market movements? "As for the Dow above 26k lets rock and roll long. Below 25k time to get more aggressively short in my eyes."
    • Post in US 500 - Potential Shorting Opportunity
      What's your trigger for opening a trade? Discuss with others on the Community, specifically about the US500: "I think there's a potential possibility of shorting S&P 500 brewing.  I want to wait to see if the 20 MA does drop beneath the 50 MA."
  • Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    John_Mac
    Joined 24/05/19 11:56
    • End of May sees the end of May. You missed a trick there. 
    • After the check at the pivot dax moved on to tag R1, currently back to join dow mid way between pivot and R1 awaiting the US market open. May be a tame Friday afternoon and into US market close as it's a public holiday in the US on Monday as well as UK.
    • You may well be right @786Trader there are a lot of fundamentals based theories around so yours is as good as anyone's.  My hypothesis is not based on Oil fundamentals but can be summed up in 2 words: Deflationary Depression. Regarding the Dow, this attached is my long term view.  
    • @ mindthegap Did not agree with much of the  linked you tube video. Thought he was full of it to be honest. BS with a sprinkling of useful truth.  He may have been to Asia but completely failed to understand them. Foxconn make Apple devices in China because there is no way Apple could make them as well, as quick or as cheaply in the US or even Mexico. For example. So either prices go up or Apples margins go right down. Plus everyone is paying more for anything made in china, including simple items like shoes. Not inflationary at all. Ever considered China may do to Apple what Trump has done to Huawei. Trump is a bull in China's shop. And we will all have to pick up the tab.