Iron Ore interest Calculated?

How is Iron Ore Commodities Interest Calculated with no futures markets?

There is a futures market for IO as you can see below. At the moment we are using the most liquid Sep and Jan contracts to price the undated which you can read about here https://www.ig.com/uk/commodities.

image.png 

Guest ROB_IG
On 17/06/2019 at 19:42, JamesIG said:

There is a futures market for IO as you can see below. At the moment we are using the most liquid Sep and Jan contracts to price the undated which you can read about here https://www.ig.com/uk/commodities.

image.png 

Hi James, I want to get access to the platform you are using so that i can see more detailed futures market. Are you able to help me on how to get it?

Cheers

Hi Rob - this is a Bloomberg terminal and therefore unfortunately it isn't accessible unless you have one. There is a number of websites out there which provide similar information though.  

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    Joebongs
    Joined 18/10/19 13:30
    • Still not clear how the vote will go tomorrow, will depend on Labour MPs, snap poll suggests general population support it. Merkel ready to offer an extension if vote no but Boris seems unlikely to accept. Nick Boles MP  @NickBoles  "All the Benn Act does is oblige the PM to request an extension if he has not got his deal approved by the end of tomorrow. On its own an extension request cannot stop a No Deal Brexit on 31 Oct. The only certain way to stop No Deal is to vote for the deal."
    • Using ProRealTime at the moment But also though first using the API. The backtest functionality of PRT is not too bad though, as you can run through variables up until 10,000 combinations. Currently running through different combinations of TP, SL and entry points
    • Very interesting idea. What software are you using to backtest it? I'm also keen to backtest it, I've built a crude system for backtesting using the IG Index API, I'm tempted to tweak it to test this idea! Will report back here with results if/when I get it up and running.