ProRealTime & Demo accounts

Guest DexterHovis

Question

Guest DexterHovis

If I activate ProRealTime on a demo account will IG look to charge me? I sent a request to IG seeking an answer to this question but nobody has bothered to reply.

5 answers to this question

Here's the answer to your question

"You can get access to ProRealTime charts at no extra cost if you transact at least four times in a given month. However, if you don't meet this requirement, or your trading activity is of extremely low value, then a £30 per month fee will apply on the last day of every calendar month."

Nobody has ever found out what "extremely low value" means, but you should be fine if you place 4 times per month. I assume the 4 trades need to be on live and not on demo, otherwise what's the point

PRT is a solid charting package - well worth the money.

If  you're trying to game the free offer don't get pissed when you get burnt. Lol.

I mean don't get me wrong - it's **** phrasing - but what they're saying is 'bring in the spread to cover the costs of us offering this to you for free and it will be for you'.

Assume you need to pay the cost of spread to cover the 30 quid. i.e. £30 / 4 = £7.50 a point trade on something with a 1 point spread. Open and close 4 x £7.50 trade. OR whatever to cover that like 30 x £1 a point (on a 1 point spread).

thanks my thinking anyway.

Or just go here https://www.prorealtime.com/en/prices

and pay through the nose for all those data feeds. Tick all those data feeds you get with IG and see those prices rack up into the hundreds of euros a month...