Currency not being converted

cate

Question

Hi,

All the trading costs overnight used to show up on my account in sterling. Last night for the first time they hadn't been converted from their home currency - so the charge for holding NZD/USD was shown in NZD, for USD/JPY was shown in Yen, etc. I wrote to Client Help about it this morning but haven't heard back. I now notice that my account balance is showing these tiny unconverted amounts. So my balance is mostly in pounds but also tiny amounts, some positive and some negative of 5 other currencies representing the overnight charges from last night.

Does anyone know if this is just a blip in the system and will be corrected or if it's going to continue to be like this? It's a bit of a nightmare to keep control of - either remember to do a daily conversion of several currencies or let them build up and risk finding the rate has moved so much that what used to be a modest overnight charge has become much higher because of movements in the FX market! It feels like having to doubly trade out of every position  - once the position itself and then every night for the interest that's been charged.

Hope this isn't a permanent change. 🙁

Cate

2 answers to this question

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    icanlosemorethanu
    Joined 21/10/21 12:55
    • Market data to trade on Friday: US crude; LSE & SLB Ending a big week for US earnings, IGTV’s Jeremy Naylor highlights oil field services company Schlumberger (SLB) as the one to watch on Friday, alongside American Express and Honeywell. In the UK there’s London Stock Exchange. Then, watch the usual Friday release of the Baker Hughes rig count data. https://www.ig.com/uk/market-insight-articles/market-data-to-trade-on-friday--us-crude--lse---slb-211021
    • Does anyone know how I can invest in Zimbabwe from Australia. I read somewhere that there is an index tracking product but i can't find it.
    • USD/TRY, CBRT Price Analysis & News: USD/TRY Hits as Fresh Record High. Turkish Central Bank Delivers Larger Than Expected Cut. The Turkish Central Bank cut its weekly repo rate to 16%, marking a 200bps cut vs expectations for a 50-100bps reduction. In reaction to the larger than expected rate cut, the USD/TRY soared to a fresh record high of 9.4780. Keep in mind, that this rate cut comes amid an environment of rising inflationary pressures, a softer currency, while other EM central banks are tightening policy. However, due to Erdogan’s unorthodox views that lower interests rate equates to lower inflation, the Turkish Central Bank find itself in an easing cycle. Not a good recipe for an already weak Turkish Lira. The Bank noted that due to supply-side transitory factors, this leaves limited room for the downward adjustment to the policy rate until year-end. A reminder that earlier in the year, the Governor stated that the policy rate will remain above the inflation rate. However, with President Erdogan the de factor Governor of the central bank I wouldn’t rule out such possibility that rates will not be lowered again. TURKISH INTEREST RATES VS INFLATION RATE Source: Refinitiv In light of the larger than expected rate cut, it will be hard to argue that USD/TRY cannot reach the psychological 10.00 level in the coming months. USD/TRY CHART: DAILY TIME FRAME Source: Refinitiv As a side note, volatility in the Turkish Lira is important for equity traders, namely those who have exposure to Spanish Banks and the IBEX 35, which we have highlighted previously.   By Justin McQueen, Strategist, 21st October 2021. DailyFX