Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    LeeStubbs
    Joined 15/07/20 04:46
    • I tried fundamental analysis for years and its was pointless from a trading perspective (well for me anyway). long term investment sure . It takes ages and market just doesn't do what it says on the tin.  I see that many pro traders just focus on a few stocks for their whole career, maybe that's the way to go. Hard to know  Although it seems that everything is equally difficult. I never try FX as I know diddlysquat about that.     I have given up reading books, sick to death of those cherry picked charts and all the fluff like "trade at the start of trend" How the *** are you supposed to know with any degree confidence  that a trend is starting ? The $64,000 question which they all skip over.  Also the other usual  one is that "markets only trend of 20% of time". I could never understand that. Change the time frame and you can find trends  everywhere. 
    • Ha yes, yesterday's S&P candle looks a bit different from when I last looked last night. Dow bull flag on yesterday's high. FTSE and S&P daily. Dax and Dow H1 charts;
    • cheers.  Issue is that there are so many moving variables its hard to analysis properly, Seems like you need a hundred trades on the same stock / indices etc    I did a long trade on FTSE Cash yesterday 15min / 1 hour time frame. Rising MACD, Rising 200Ma, rising 20ma 20MA  broke  through 200ma 4 periods prior and continued on fro the rest of the day. Prior swing low was far too low for a sensible stop so I set it at below 20ma. It broke through the 200ma though.  Whether this is a good Strategy or not for FTSE 100 I don't know