L2 Dealer not working

Leapy

Question

Hi

I have installed L2 Dealer which connects and loads exchanges without any problem, however, no shares appear when searching.

Diagnostics show two errors in red, the registry access test and the program file access test, everything else is green. There is also one error appearing in the log file: "2020-03-12 08:33:57,916 [Main UI thread] ERROR L2.Business.ProfileManager - ProfileManager::ReadProfiles - No profiles found".

I have uninstalled the whole prerequisite and L2 suite and reinstalled to get to the same position. I am an administrator on the PC and don't know why the registry etc. would be unavailable to the software.

Can anyone advise what I can do to fix the errors please?

7 answers to this question

23 hours ago, Leapy said:

Hi

I have installed L2 Dealer which connects and loads exchanges without any problem, however, no shares appear when searching.

Diagnostics show two errors in red, the registry access test and the program file access test, everything else is green. There is also one error appearing in the log file: "2020-03-12 08:33:57,916 [Main UI thread] ERROR L2.Business.ProfileManager - ProfileManager::ReadProfiles - No profiles found".

I have uninstalled the whole prerequisite and L2 suite and reinstalled to get to the same position. I am an administrator on the PC and don't know why the registry etc. would be unavailable to the software.

If IG actually have any support staff and they read these forums I would really appreciate some assistance.

I held on the support phone line for over an hour until my phone died with no answer and no indication of whether someone was ever going to answer apart from "one of our team will be with you shortly............"

Come on support please help!

Guest Guest

I have a similar problem, and when I click the 'Account' button it opens up my browser on the marketdatasystems page and displays the message "Sorry, we have encountered an unexpected error". So I don't even have access to the 'enable DMA access' option.

I email tech support this morning but received no reply yet.

Guest Musk
On 12/03/2020 at 08:50, Leapy said:

Hi

This is exactly the same problem I have, it’s been working great and  I’ve had it for three weeks and then on Thursday 21st May after an L2 update this is when my problems started. I Can’t get the watchlist pro to open and have run diagnostics and get the same two faults as above. I also uninstalled both parts of L2 restarted my brand new computer and reinstalled everything as before and it still won’t work properly. Please help sort this problem ASAP. 

I also have a L2 login in problem. Downloaded L2 and launched application but am unable to access as it due to the login issue, I have been advised by the IG helpdesk to turn on the required aspects in DMA ( Preferences ) but still am unable to access the platform. Also referred to the IG Community but can't see any guidance or advise here. If IG are able to post or anyone can help then that would be very much appreciated.