What's Hot?

Mercury

It is hard to identify actual trade opportunities with many forum users seeming to use different trading method but perhaps it might be more useful to discuss what markets might be hot (i.e. offer best risk reward equation).  Currently, for me, Stocks are overblown and until they break down into a bear I find the these markets too risky.

FX too is a challenge with post Brexit GBP/EUR sideways action unresolved (indeed much longer term sideways action than just Brexit).  USDJPY offered a decent Short in July and I believe a break below recent lows there will signal another leg lower and another shorting opportunity, indeed the current small retrace up to resistance could offer a decent Short entry point and USDCAD and Oil may offer something (Short and Long respectively) in due course but not there yet.

So the only markets that seem to offer a good bet just now are Gold and Silver.  At least they did on Friday when I took my Shorts at the wave B turn.  As I had previously observed the COT data was way over heated, signaling a retrace at least and other technicals supported a strong retrace back towards the 1200/1250 area on Gold.  Fundamentals too support this with strong NFP data ramping the stocks rally and signaling a possible revival of USD rate rises (an erroneous assumption in my view) being bearish for Gold. The retrace down has now begun I believe and after a possible brief retrace back up on the hourly chart a strong move down is on the cards.

My bigger picture thinking is that this move lower on Gold/Silver coincides with the last gasp of the Bull rally on stocks and that they will both reverse around the same time with Stocks going Bearish while Gold/Silver goes max Bull.

Gold Charts (similar picture on Silver)

Don't worry about forum trader methods...we don't move markets.

Ny sugar11 was hot on upside

Coffee may follow

AUD is hot on upside especially after the stubbornness to fall after rate cut

of course there may be reaction which can transform in downturn 

Yeah I'm not worried about IG customers moving the market, my point was no one seems to want to discuss trades, or just want trade entry tips to follow so I thought maybe people would be more interested in a discussion about longer term market trends that are providing a backdrop that is strong for a particular trade direction.

Re Commodities:

I don't trade agri business because it is all about the harvest so very seasonal.  Gold and Silver are the hot markets for me, although Oil could be about to get interesting for Bulls again... 

Re FX:

On the Aussie (assume you mean AUDUSD) I agree it is looking bullish just now but only in the short term (I expect another leg down on USD - DX and after that a strong rally).  I am not a short term trader so wont be riding the Aussie up but stalking it for a Short when it tops out (probably in the 7800-8000 area).

For me USDJPY is the only FX market that makes sense and, as discussed on a separate thread just now, is at a pivotal point.  All other main currency markets (USD crosses with GBP,EUR,CAD) are in the doldrums until they break one way or the other and that is hard trading.

Re stocks:

I must leave it alone until this wally rally concludes and we see the beginning of the end...

Discussion about trades is hard and can be pointless.

The long term trends.....you might want to talk (listen) to an economist :)

Commodities: would be wrong to think is 'just' about harvest. Is just supply and demand like any other product. Harvest is part of the supply. Its also about inventories and how much population consume (use). You like trading in oil, well its the same.

Out of season there are beautiful trends also, but of course you can trade in whatever you like and feel comfortable with.

Stocks: depends what stocks but we had some correction, some stocks may be going up still way in to the year dragging the indexes even higher. I actually expect stocks even higher.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• ASX: COMMONWEALTH BANK OF AUSTRALIA. - CBA Elliott Elliott Wave Technical Analysis TradingLounge (1D Chart)   Greetings, Our Elliott Wave analysis today updates the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) with COMMONWEALTH BANK OF AUSTRALIA. - CBA. We identify a correction wave as the 2-red wave that has just ended, and we are continuously watching for a CBA for a Long-term trade.     ASX: COMMONWEALTH BANK OF AUSTRALIA. - CBA Elliott Wave Technical Analysis   ASX: COMMONWEALTH BANK OF AUSTRALIA. - CBA 1D Chart (Semilog Scale) Analysis   Function: Major trend (Minor degree, red) Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave 3-red Details: The short-term outlook indicates a fairly rapid and strong price increase from the low of 109.94, suggesting that the 2-red wave has concluded, and the 3-red wave is unfolding. Pushing above and breaking the upper boundary line of the channel further clarifies this bullish view. We are closely monitoring CBA as we identify a long-term trading opportunity by seeking a strong support level at the Minor Level 110. Invalidation point: 96.15       ASX: COMMONWEALTH BANK OF AUSTRALIA. - CBA Elliott Wave Technical Analysis TradingLounge (4-Hour Chart)   ASX: COMMONWEALTH BANK OF AUSTRALIA. - CBA Elliott Wave Technical Analysis ASX: COMMONWEALTH BANK OF AUSTRALIA. - CBA 4-Hour Chart Analysis   Function: Major trend (Minor degree, red)   Mode: Motive   Structure: Impulse   Position: Wave 3-red   Details: The shorter-term outlook suggests that the recent completion of the 1-red wave and the initiation of the 2-red wave have occurred to push prices lower. It appears that the 2-red wave has completed, allowing the 3-red wave to unfold upwards. We are closely monitoring CBA as there is a potential long-term trading opportunity with CBA. A rise above 120.60 would clarify the bullish outlook.   Invalidation point: 95.15         Conclusion:   Our analysis, forecast of contextual trends, and short-term outlook for ASX: COMMONWEALTH BANK OF AUSTRALIA. - CBA aim to provide readers with insights into the current market trends and how to capitalize on them effectively. We offer specific price points that act as validation or invalidation signals for our wave count, enhancing the confidence in our perspective. By combining these factors, we strive to offer readers the most objective and professional perspective on market trends.   Technical Analyst: Hua (Shane) Cuong, CEWA-M (Master’s Designation).   Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!  
    • Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart, Cadarno/ U.S. dollar(ADAUSD) ADAUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis  Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Flat Position: Wave C Direction Next higher Degrees: wave (II) of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid level:  Details: Wave II Is equal to 61.8% of Wave I at 0.358 Cadarno/ U.S. dollar(ADAUSD)Trading Strategy: The second wave correction in the Expanded Flat pattern, where we are in the middle of a decline in Wave C, will have five extended internal sub-waves. But we still have one more decline left for Wave C to complete. So wait for the correction to complete to rejoin the trend. Cardano/ U.S. dollar(ADAUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is below the MA200 indicating a Dow trend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bearish Momentum.       Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge H4 Chart, Cadarno/ U.S. dollar(ADAUSD) ADAUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis  Function: Follow Trend Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave 4 Direction Next higher Degrees: wave C of Flat Wave Cancel invalid level:  Details: A short-term pullback in wave 4 before falling again in wave 5. Cardano/ U.S. dollar(ADAUSD)Trading Strategy: The second wave correction in the Expanded Flat pattern, where we are in the middle of a decline in Wave C, will have five extended internal sub-waves. But we still have one more decline left for Wave C to complete. So wait for the correction to complete to rejoin the trend. Cardano/ U.S. dollar(ADAUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is below the MA200 indicating a Dow trend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bearish Momentum. Technical Analyst : Kittiampon Somboonsod Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!    
us