Jump to content

Cancellation of listing


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Pierotlunaire said:

What happens to a CFD position if the underlying share is suspended and the shareholders then pass a resolution cancelling the listing?

Thanks for your post. 

If the underlying is suspended for a short period of time, due to limit up/down, you will not be able to trade until it's open again. 

If you're referring to stock going bust. Normally the large decrease will suspend the stock being traded. From there your position will be frozen. You will not be able to close the position. If the outcome is that that each company share is worth zero CFD clients take the closing price at 0. Please note these will not settle until the company have released an official statement confirming the value of the shares to share holder.

If the situation is that the company is relisting on a different exchange there would be two outcomes. One would be that they relist on an exchange we offer, in which case we would close the position you have an reopen you in the new line.

If the shares are being relisted on an exchange we don't offer we will reach out to you about your options. Some options before have been transferring to another broker or you realising the p/l before the relisting but this can differ in different scenarios. 

I hope this helped. 

Link to comment

Thanks. I’m aware of those scenarios, but I have a slightly more unusual one in mind.

BST is a company which was CFDable on IG. It is currently suspended following a fund raising which fell apart due to Cvd19. Might get bid for, which again is a straightforward scenario. But a more complex one is that there is a private fund raise to take it forward to a M&A exit but the funders want to cancel the listing, and the board has already proposed a special resolution to cancel the AIM listing (on grounds of disproportionate cost).

So the scenario is suspension remains until the listing is cancelled concurrent with a private fund raise, and the share remains private for say 12 months until a company sale happens. Easy if you hold physical stock, but what about a CFD?

do you close the position at the moment of listing suspension (and at what value) or do you do something else? 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

    • Total Topics
      21,201
    • Total Posts
      90,741
    • Total Members
      41,311
    • Most Online
      7,522
      10/06/21 10:53

    Newest Member
    richreed2426
    Joined 31/01/23 09:02
  • Posts

    • Block Inc., Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Block Inc., (SQ:NASDAQ): Daily Chart, 31 January 23, SQ Stock Market Analysis: At this point I am considering the possibility of an ending diagonal in wave C to then retrace lower into wave (B). We have touched and found resistance off equality of C vs. A.   SQ Elliott Wave Count: Wave {v} of C. SQ Technical Indicators: 200EMA as resistance.   SQ Trading Strategy: Looking for downside in wave (B) to then start looking for shorts.   TradingLounge Analyst: Alessio Barretta Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!   Block Inc., SQ: 4-hour Chart, 31 January 23, Block Inc., Elliott Wave Technical Analysis SQ Stock Market Analysis: Looking for a sharp move down soon to confirm the count, ideally we can break the bottom of wave {iv} to have further confirmation. SQ Elliott Wave count: Wave (i) of {a}. SQ Technical Indicators: Above all averages. SQ Trading Strategy: Looking for confirmation to then build shorts.
    • Asian markets registered small losses overnight as investors turned increasingly cautious ahead of this week's crop of big events. Despite the rally in risk assets since October, sentiment remains fragile thanks to ongoing recession fears, with an elevated risk of a short-term pullback at least should the overall view gleaned from this week's events turn out to be a negative one. Both the manufacturing and non-manufacturing Chinese PMI readings moved back into expansion territory for December, reflecting the reopening of the economy and providing sentiment with some near-term support. Fears of ongoing high inflation readings have subsided thanks to the slump in gas prices and falling oil prices, with the latter hit yesterday by signs of strong Russian exports and concerns that OPEC+ will leave output levels unchanged. In earnings reports, today sees AMD, McDonald's and Exxon release earnings, while we also get German and eurozone GDP, plus US consumer confidence. The expected German inflation data has been moved back to next week due to 'technical issues'.   
    • For more up to date news on how markets will open, the latest earnings and economic news, watch IGTV live in the platform at 07:30am UK. Today’s coverage: IMF raises global growth forecasts, but confirms UK is in recession. China and India combined will drive more than 50% of global growth  Indices: European equity markets to open down - reality bites as traders accept that rates continue to climb as inflation remains high. AUD down as Aussie retail sales down. EU GDP data today  FX: USD is now on its longest upward streak since October last year as Fed starts its two day rate meeting where rates are expected to climb 25bps Equities: Earnings – good numbers from UBS. Later today - PFE XOM GM CAT AMD MCD UPS SNAP Commods: Gold down for a 4th day in a row as USD strengthens. Oil at 3wk lows. Copper 2wk lows       
×
×
  • Create New...