Bad Ticks on PRT Charts

ST

Many PRT charts (and the basic charts , although I tend not to use those) have bad ticks. This results in candles displaying huge spikes/shadows/wicks (call them what you will) which throws out all the indicators one might have set up. In these circumstances any meaningful technical analysis is rendered useless. I come across some every day.

What is the best way to inform you through the internet so that you can fix them?

1) Email help desk

2) Email through the technical help in the charts

3) Using the Feedback facility in Market Research

4) Using this thread

5) or some other means

The chart I wanted to use today that needs fixing is PGLC - Pershing Gold (US Tech)

Could you also add the chart for KGI - Kirkland Lake Gold - TSE. This one comes up on the spread bet platform but no PRT chart.

TIA

Hi @ST,

Firstly, thanks for bringing these to our attention. Whilst we do try to maintain clear charts for analysis purposes, sometimes some spikes do slip though.

If the spike is on the IG charts, please use the feedback button, as that comes straight through to the technical support desk. For any on ProRealTIme, please can you drop our helpdesk an email (helpdesk.uk@ig.com), and this will get escalated to our technical team.

I'll raise a ticket for the PGLC chart now. Also, to confirm, you can view the Kirkland Lake Gold chart on IG, just not on PRT?

Thanks,
Dan

Thanks for your prompt reply Dan and your response to my request!

I will use the help desk email in future for reporting PRT charts with bad ticks

Yes, an IG chart for Kirkland Lake Gold does load up and it is fine, no bad ticks.

Thanks again

• 6 months later...

The staff at IG WERE acknowledging and correcting the numerous faulty charts I was reporting - quite often on a daily basis - through the chart emailing facility. Disappointingly, having charts corrected is becoming less reliable.

Let's face it, it should not be required for a customer to have to constantly inform of faulty charts! The integrity of data is paramount in this industry and any company recognising this would have people to ensure this is maintained to the highest of standards!   

Archived