Mr

DRAC

Question

Can someone explain the various reasons why The 'spread' for GBP-USD forward contracts would suddenly widen from the usual 2 to a whooping '10' (Ten) without any significant pending Financial news that may usually cause such temporary widening? Iam trully gumsmacked!! because I had short order to to sell at 12225.0 and market traded up to 12228.5  yet, my order was not filled and that was when I realised the spread had been widened to a ridiculous '10'. Luckily I have recorded everything  and I'm hoping someone will come up with a satisfactory answer for the sake of my friends whom I was incidentally trying to introduce to IG.  I looked really really really stupid trying to explain to them the reason I did not get filled on that order . Come to think of it,  I must say I have experienced several other situations where i did not get filled on my orders or taken out of a trade that I should not have lost. Whats going on??

IG- Un-filled order.PNG

1 answer to this question

1 hour ago, DRAC said:

Can someone explain the various reasons why The 'spread' for GBP-USD forward contracts would suddenly widen from the usual 2 to a whooping '10' (Ten) without any significant pending Financial news that may usually cause such temporary widening? Iam trully gumsmacked!! because I had short order to to sell at 12225.0 and market traded up to 12228.5  yet, my order was not filled and that was when I realised the spread had been widened to a ridiculous '10'. Luckily I have recorded everything  and I'm hoping someone will come up with a satisfactory answer for the sake of my friends whom I was incidentally trying to introduce to IG.  I looked really really really stupid trying to explain to them the reason I did not get filled on that order . Come to think of it,  I must say I have experienced several other situations where i did not get filled on my orders or taken out of a trade that I should not have lost. Whats going on??

IG- Un-filled order.PNG

Hi, this isn't right - the gbpusd forward spread isn't normally 2 points but is 9 points plus the spot spread on top (0.9) equals 9.9

image.thumb.png.e27c308f95ddc803f6550e0bbb5ee8a4.png

https://www.ig.com/uk/help-and-support/spread-betting-and-cfds/fees-and-charges/what-are-igs-forex-spread-bet-product-details