Sign in to follow this  

Invalid Account

Question

I have created an MT4 account, downloaded the IG.com MT$ distribution. 

I go to  file-> Login to Trade Account. I have entered the MT4 account number ( the 6 digit number seen on the dashboard) I enter my standard IG password which i use to login to the web dashboard. 

I have ensuredd i pick IG-LIVE from the drop own. 

I'm then presented with 'xxxxx' connect failed [Invalid account] in the Journal. 

If I am doing something wrong, Please can you provide login instructions as I haven't been able to find them on the website.

Thank you. 

2 answers to this question

9 hours ago, syky said:

I have created an MT4 account, downloaded the IG.com MT$ distribution. 

I go to  file-> Login to Trade Account. I have entered the MT4 account number ( the 6 digit number seen on the dashboard) I enter my standard IG password which i use to login to the web dashboard. 

I have ensuredd i pick IG-LIVE from the drop own. 

I'm then presented with 'xxxxx' connect failed [Invalid account] in the Journal. 

If I am doing something wrong, Please can you provide login instructions as I haven't been able to find them on the website.

Thank you. 

Hi, the MT4 account name should be a 5 digit number for a live account and the password is not the same as for your IG login. 

The account name and the account password should arrive in 2 separate emails from IG.

Guest carol

Hi, I have the same problem with MT4 account, I wrote to IG several times and Havent received any  answer 😒