Sign in to follow this  

Why would a normal stop not get triggered?

Question

Guest dan

Hi,

I have a Normal stop on a position (Spread Bet: Buy £10.00 per point @ 11.779. Stop: 10.279) for an AIM listed share Ticker=VLS, using the demo account. The "Positions" screen on  platform the shows that the Latest=10.02 and Stop=10.28, yet the stop has not been triggered. I don't understand how this is the correct behaviour. Surely the stop should have been triggered when the Bid/Sell price went below the Stop price?

Can anyone help a newbie understand what may be happening?

1 answer to this question

18 hours ago, Guest dan said:

Hi,

I have a Normal stop on a position (Spread Bet: Buy £10.00 per point @ 11.779. Stop: 10.279) for an AIM listed share Ticker=VLS, using the demo account. The "Positions" screen on  platform the shows that the Latest=10.02 and Stop=10.28, yet the stop has not been triggered. I don't understand how this is the correct behaviour. Surely the stop should have been triggered when the Bid/Sell price went below the Stop price?

Can anyone help a newbie understand what may be happening?

Hey, 

Thanks for your post. 

The issue some people have is knowing it's the bid/sell price that they get closed at but I can see you're aware of this. The price is also a lot lower than the stop. 

This seems to be an issue. If you could email us about this our technical team will investigate. 

All the best