Minus figure in available to deal

Question

I currently am small long an ETC. It is in profit but my screen is showing a minus number in finds and the same minus number in available to deal, why is this?

11 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Parkerman said:

I currently am small long an ETC. It is in profit but my screen is showing a minus number in finds and the same minus number in available to deal, why is this?

the available to deal figure is the amount left to use for new trades after the amount of margin used on the initial trade has been subtracted from the total.

14 hours ago, Parkerman said:

Thanks Caseynotes, this applies to cash positions?

yes that's right, all leveraged positions cash and futures.

5 minutes ago, Parkerman said:

but I'm not leveraged?

ok, if you are on the Share Dealing account then unsettled transactions will not show in your account total until settlement when they will then show as available for new trades.

Ah, until I square the position you mean? I bought the securities quite some time back so they've settled already

10 minutes ago, Parkerman said:

Ah, until I square the position you mean? I bought the securities quite some time back so they've settled already

there is a short video on this page linked below on the share dealing platform which shows the headers 'available to withdraw' and 'available to deal' which has a dropdown box which gives more info.

https://www.ig.com/uk/help-and-support/investments/share-dealing-and-isas/how-do-i-use-the-share-dealing-platform

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Parkerman said:

Many thanks

no problem, but what was it? 'reserved' amount?

"Cash held for current working orders, including closing commission", yes reserved.

1 minute ago, Parkerman said:

"Cash held for current working orders, including closing commission", yes reserved.

👍