Tax Statement for FY 2019/2020

gwenfinnigan

Question

How do I get a TAX statement for the last financial year 2019/2020.

I had a look under MY IG ==> LIVE ACCOUNTS ==> STATEMENTS ==> Can only see Monthly and Daily statements no ANNUAL statements.

Is that because I didnt receive any dividends as such?

I have just started trading and only managed a few trades and made some small profits.

• Like 1

11 answers to this question

Guest Annual TAX Statements

IG platform does not provide any EOFY statement as such.

You have to manually go into each Monthly statement and calculate for yourself.

This is so unacceptable from a trading platform. Not impressed.

Hopefully IG will upgrade and provide this facility for next financial year.

Sorry for the late response.

Kind Regards

Gwen Finnigan 

Guest Peter Crilly

Hmmm! A bit annoying. I have an Annual report option, but it only gives me selections for 2017, 2018 & 2019

Guest Drengur

It seems like they are not generated until later in the year. Looking at my 2020 statement, it was generated end of October!

1 hour ago, Guest Drengur said:

It seems like they are not generated until later in the year. Looking at my 2020 statement, it was generated end of October!

Hi Drengur, 
Depending on your location, for UK the statements should be online now. As for Australia the statements will be ready next week.

All the best - Arvin

On 13/12/2020 at 12:33, Guest Annual TAX Statements said:

IG platform does not provide any EOFY statement as such.

You have to manually go into each Monthly statement and calculate for yourself.

This is so unacceptable from a trading platform. Not impressed.

Hopefully IG will upgrade and provide this facility for next financial year.

Sorry for the late response.

Kind Regards

Gwen Finnigan 

I do not hold much hope that such basic info would be made available as soon as next year ........or for the year after that.....and so on 

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    VictorKDP
    Joined 17/09/21 17:23
    • Not a surprise at all. 'The managing director of a company which runs four Yorkshire care homes said he may need to keep on employees who have not been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 after the govt makes it a legal requirement for all care workers in November.' Luther @LutherBurgsvik  5h Yorkshire care home boss 'considering' keeping on unvaccinated staff after deadline | Yorkshire Post
    • Competition How can 'competition' affect traders? Competition is the pressure to make more money or place more trades than others. While trading is considered a competitive practice, traders should have the patience and discipline to follow their own trading rules and plan. Competition can cause a trader to adopt bad habits – for example, a 'win at all costs' mentality, which could open them up to negative emotions and impulsive trading decisions. A study by Dijk has found that traders put up 50% more in a risky situation when peers would be aware of their decisions than when they were in an isolated individual setting. Not only should traders be wary of competing against each other, they also shouldn't compete with themselves. By trying to beat a record or increase a profit every day, traders might be forcing themselves into trades that they wouldn't normally make. How can traders avoid competition? To avoid competition, you can create a routine that is based on your trading plan and risk management strategy. One popular tool is a trading diary, which helps you keep record of your trades – including why you entered them, the expected profit, how you chose to minimise your market risk, your entry and exit points, and how the market behaved. You should focus on yourself, as there is more potential in self-development and learning than in competing with others. Things to keep in mind...
    • News How can the 'news' affect traders? The news can put pressure on traders to make certain decisions and interpret information in a particular way. News is a crucial part of information gathering, but it's important for traders to interpret the news objectively. Forythe, Nelson, Neumann and Wright studied 192 traders' opinions on US elections and found that the individuals who dispassionately interpreted the news, and resisted confirmation bias, were more likely to make a profit. In contrast, those who traded the news and exhibited availability bias became overconfident and this increased their risk. How can traders use financial news? Using financial news is a great way to stay abreast of changes in the market and to help you fine-tune your strategy, but it is important not to become over-reliant on one source as this can create a narrow view of the market. Fundamental analysis is a common way of gathering information. It is the use of various internal and external factors – like news, macroeconomic data and company announcements – to decide how much a particular asset is worth. However, it is also important to use technical analysis too. This can help you predict the future direction of a market's price, by studying historical chart patterns and formations. It involves applying technical indicators, such as Fibonacci retracements and moving averages, to identify price patterns and key levels. Things to keep in mind...