Sign in to follow this  

Quarter end, what happens now

Question

Hi

I have some open positions on equities for Sept quarter which expire today. They are in the red. Does it get auto-rolled over if I don't close it and on what terms as I dont quite understand the wording:

A quarterly share rolled onto next quarter usually expires basis the last traded price plus or minus half the IG spread. IG spread is charged on opening of the new bet. There will be a fair value adjustment t the opening level to reflect an interest premium.

Should I close them myself, and then decide myself if I want to open them again for next quarter or let it auto-roll ?

Edited by scot_am
spelling

1 answer to this question

On 15/09/2020 at 08:58, scot_am said:

Hi

I have some open positions on equities for Sept quarter which expire today. They are in the red. Does it get auto-rolled over if I don't close it and on what terms as I dont quite understand the wording:

A quarterly share rolled onto next quarter usually expires basis the last traded price plus or minus half the IG spread. IG spread is charged on opening of the new bet. There will be a fair value adjustment t the opening level to reflect an interest premium.

Should I close them myself, and then decide myself if I want to open them again for next quarter or let it auto-roll ?

Hey, 

If you want your positions to roll you must make sure your rollover instructions are enabled. This can be done on the MyIG page by selecting settings> Rollovers. 

image.png