Are these futures, options or something else?

kchaplin

Question

Hi, I have been share dealing for a while now with IG but wondered what these are on the spread bet account with future dates?

Dec-20

Mar-21

Jun-21

are they futures or options or something else? Where can I find out if they will have overnight funding and what happens on expiry?

2C08CCCD-FC99-4648-ABB4-878319F3108B.jpeg

3 answers to this question

You ought to know, unless someone else has been using your account?  

The clue is where you said 'on the spread bet account', one of them is a 'daily funded bet' and the others are bets with expiration days.

Thanks, 

just wanted to clarify, can I also assume that there is no rollover/ overnight fee until expiry? Or if there is where I find this out?

also, is there anyway to take out an option on specific shares without phoning up?

18 minutes ago, kchaplin said:

Thanks, 

just wanted to clarify, can I also assume that there is no rollover/ overnight fee until expiry? Or if there is where I find this out?

also, is there anyway to take out an option on specific shares without phoning up?

Only daily funded bets (DFB) have an overnight charge.  And IG won't let us trade stock options online :(