Could not close trade - "This market may not be sold to open"

MarkGolf

Hi All,

I recently left Trading 212 due to them changing margin requirements as well as many other issues.

Anyway, I am practising on a LIVE account and I am trading NIO with CFD's. I just tried to close a position while in profit but I got the following message "This market may not be sold to open".

It just would not let me close, phone or computer. However, I set a LIMIT and once it hit, it closed!!

Why did this happen??

Thanks

On 02/12/2020 at 20:48, MarkGolf said:

Hi All,

I recently left Trading 212 due to them changing margin requirements as well as many other issues.

Anyway, I am practising on a LIVE account and I am trading NIO with CFD's. I just tried to close a position while in profit but I got the following message "This market may not be sold to open".

It just would not let me close, phone or computer. However, I set a LIMIT and once it hit, it closed!!

Why did this happen??

Thanks

Hey, 

Thanks for your first post. 

I can't comment on the position you opened as I can't see your account but as you can see below the market is currently unborrowable. This means there needs to be more borrow in the market, once there is we're able to make it possible for clients to open short positions. 

image.png

If you're unsure what happened with your previous position please reach out to us so we can look into this and investigate. 

All the best