ISA transfer to IG

Gwb6939

Question

5 answers to this question

Guest 21nvest

Hi 

How long does it take to transfer shares from another broker to my account at IG ?

If I sell shares,  how long does it take to receive my funds in my account? 

Thanks

On 18/12/2020 at 22:10, Guest 21nvest said:

Hi 

How long does it take to transfer shares from another broker to my account at IG ?

If I sell shares,  how long does it take to receive my funds in my account? 

Thanks

Hey, 

Transfers usually take 4-6 weeks but it depends on how cooperative the broker you're transferring from is. 

Please know our settlement period works on a T+2 (+3 for US shares) basis. This means the cash for these shares won't settle on your account the day you sell them but two working days.later. The funds should be available to withdraw by close of business 2 working days late. Please note that if you want to trade with the funds before they settle you can. 

All the best 

• Sad 1

I was planning to transfer shares from my current ISA provider as well. In this case, would the shares get sold first by my provider before being bought back on IG, and therefore would I be out of the market for upto 4-6 weeks? I am planning to transfer a single index ETF holding (UK registered) only.

If that is indeed the case, would there be a way of knowing when the selling happens (like email notifications) and when the buying happens so that I can temporarily hedge that scenario somewhere else? 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• Stake.com Bonus Code 'Hella200' - Get $3000 Deposit Match [2024] Stake.com offers attractive bonuses to its users. By using the bonus code 'Hella200' in 2024, players can receive a 200% deposit match bonus up to $3000. This bonus allows players to boost their bankroll significantly and explore more games on the platform. How to Use the Bonus Code: Visit the Stake.com website. Create a new account or log in to your existing account. Go to the deposit section. Enter the promo code 'Hella200' during the deposit process. Claim your 200% deposit match bonus up to $3000. This bonus code is a fantastic way to enhance your gaming experience on Stake.com, providing extra funds to enjoy the platform's diverse offerings.
    • Stake.com No Deposit Bonus 'Hella200' - Get $3000 Deposit Match [2024] Stake.com is a leading online gaming platform known for its generous promotions. In 2024, using the no deposit bonus code 'Hella200', players can receive a 200% deposit match up to $3000. This substantial bonus provides extra funds to explore the platform's diverse range of games. How to Use the No Deposit Bonus Code: Visit the Stake.com website. Register for a new account or log in to your existing account. Navigate to the deposit section. Enter the promo code 'Hella200' during the deposit process. Receive a 200% deposit match bonus up to $3000. This no deposit bonus is an excellent way to maximize your deposit and enjoy a wide variety of games on Stake.com.
    • Bloodycase Promo Code "hella" & Get $0.70 for Free [2024] Bloodycase is a popular platform for CSGO case openings.
us