"Closing only: Market unavailable to open" - which stocks are on this list?

TheBasher

Question

6 answers to this question

I have open positions on CCIV, was tempted to close some out yesterday and rebuy at a later stage ie: post merger. However, since yesterday CCIV has been set to closing only, so no new positions can be opened for the forseeable furture...when will you lift this restriction?

On 16/02/2021 at 14:47, Fingersxxd said:

I'd be interested in this. I've lost count of the number of times i've spotted an opportunity, only to set a buy order and find the market isn't tradable from a CFD account.

This keeps happening to me, I do my DD and want to put in the trade and I can't trade, or open a sell position.

Guest Tom
On 29/03/2021 at 20:00, InfaRedd said:

This keeps happening to me, I do my DD and want to put in the trade and I can't trade, or open a sell position.

I have been having the same issues. Keep getting an error message " MARKET ONLY TRADEABLE IN STOCKBROKING - This stock is only available for non leveraged trading" I haven't been leveraging so I don't quite understand.

This is the only thing that frustrates me about IG. Great platform and options, but I seem to missing out on most if not all opportunities I discovery through my DD due to this.

Can sometimes catch them if I identify them in premarket before it seem IG has, but shortly after market open it will be put on this "HOLD".

Makes me wonder if IG has a limit on the % difference a stock can make in premarket before they lock it down to being none tradable.