Jump to content

Difference between the BUY SELL ticket prices and Charts on Spread Bet Platform / getting out of sync.


Recommended Posts

Has anyone else noticed that after the US markets open, at time, the Buy Sell prices and the Chart prices get out of kilter.

Seems like the charts can lag the Buy sell ticket price by 15-20 seconds.

I have seen this on Germany 30, US TECH 100, DOW and US 500, every single afternoon without fail

sjmtradex

 

Link to comment
13 hours ago, sjmtradex said:

Has anyone else noticed that after the US markets open, at time, the Buy Sell prices and the Chart prices get out of kilter.

Seems like the charts can lag the Buy sell ticket price by 15-20 seconds.

I have seen this on Germany 30, US TECH 100, DOW and US 500, every single afternoon without fail

sjmtradex

 

Hi. great but can you see a way to capitalise on the discrepency? If you look at the exchange and broker price you see that there is descrencies all the time but it's not constant, neither always lags or leads, they tend instead to pirouette around eachother, ususaly just a few points, sometimes up to 15 but only for a few seconds.

The other problem is that the reason you are using a broker is because you can't trade on the exchange so you need to find inconsistancy beteen 2 brokers but will find they do the same, track the exchange but with no consistacy as to leading and lagging.

Link to comment

Hi, thanks for your reply. I agree that what you say makes absolute sense. However, I hadn't meant to raise the issue in terms of what you have gone on to say.

What I'm suggesting, is that the Buy and sell price IG are quoting right next to their charts and chart price stamp, gets out of kilter in its own right.

I don't know if this is just happening on my PC's or if it is occurring on others.

I have raised it with IG, but they say they have not come across this before.

 

 

 

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, sjmtradex said:

Hi, thanks for your reply. I agree that what you say makes absolute sense. However, I hadn't meant to raise the issue in terms of what you have gone on to say.

What I'm suggesting, is that the Buy and sell price IG are quoting right next to their charts and chart price stamp, gets out of kilter in its own right.

I don't know if this is just happening on my PC's or if it is occurring on others.

I have raised it with IG, but they say they have not come across this before.

 

 

 

ok, so the chart right hand price scale is not as per the buy/sell box?

this might happen because price arrives at the trade desk directly linked from IG to your account and buy/sell box but the price you see on the chart goes from IG to a third party charting company then back to your screen, though normally only takes a faction of a second there are sometimes pauses and catch up, sometimes on mt4 this might be 5 seconds but 15 seconds sounds a lot even during fluctuations during periods of high vol eg. market open.

Link to comment

Yes SJM, i think you are right.  its quite off putting, and sometimes the chart moves but not the ticket and so you  would not get the price, but maybe they would stop you out for the same reason off the graph.  Needs clarification

Link to comment

Thanks again, a good explanation. In the meantime, I received an email from IG, and they have confirmed that they too have noticed this issue and are their developers are looking into it.

It has been happening a lot recently, right after the US markets open.

I got caught out entering some trades thinking he market was at a different price level to what it was.

You just have to be mindful of this if you are attempting to get a particular entry price.,

Thanks again for your interest and replies.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

In terms of getting stopped out, that's interesting. I am pretty certain the ticket price which is leading the graph will stop you out if it reaches your stop level before the price chart does. I think IG will definitely be activating stops on the leading BUY SELL prices, not the lagging chart prices, but I don't know for sure. 

Its just that when you enter a trade, you get the BUY SELL price, even if the chart is saying something else.

Link to comment
Just now, sjmtradex said:

In terms of getting stopped out, that's interesting. I am pretty certain the ticket price which is leading the graph will stop you out if it reaches your stop level before the price chart does. I think IG will definitely be activating stops on the leading BUY SELL prices, not the lagging chart prices, but I don't know for sure. 

Its just that when you enter a trade, you get the BUY SELL price, even if the chart is saying something else.

the chart price doesn't go to your account, your account gets a direct feed from IG whereas the chart price has come from IG to the third party charting company then back to your screen.

Occassionally you will see a false spike on a chart but it is very rare an account is affected by it.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, sjmtradex said:

 

Thanks Caseynotes,  sorry, missed that in your previous posting, so that explains it then and makes sense.

but you are right that it's not good it have prices not matching so hopefully IG and the charting company can get it fixed quickly.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

    • Total Topics
      21,169
    • Total Posts
      90,687
    • Total Members
      41,273
    • Most Online
      7,522
      10/06/21 10:53

    Newest Member
    CY2H2
    Joined 27/01/23 14:26
  • Posts

    • USDJPY has been regaining ground this week, but inflation differentials and a three-month trend signal the potential for another turn lower Source: Bloomberg      Joshua Mahony | Senior Market Analyst, London | Publication date: Friday 27 January 2023  USDJPY set for third monthly decline The USDJPY pair has been on the slide since its October high, with the historical 147.63 resistance level ultimately marking the end of the dramatic 21-month rally that saw the pair gain almost 50%. Much of that came through a period that saw US inflation soar as Japanese prices remain subdued. That disparity remains, but the direction of travel has certainly shifted as US CPI declines and Japanese price growth gradually ticks up. The overnight 4.3% figure for Tokyo core CPI represents a four-decade high, with the nationwide figures likely to follow on. The chart below highlights how USDJPY has been heavily correlated with the now tightening gap between US and Japanese inflation. However, it is more evident when shifting that inflation differential forward by seven-months. That close correlation highlights the potential for further downside as long as prices continue to trend in a similar manner. Source: ProRealTime Looking at the daily chart, the recent rebound has taken price up towards the top-end of a descending channel and Fibonacci resistance. This highlights the bearish pattern that has been playing out, with lower highs and lower lows in place in recent months. Unless we see price rise through trendline and 134.77 resistance, another turn lower looks likely for this pair. Source: ProRealTime
    • @MongiIG Hi - You recently covered Long NICKEL Trading the Trend and A. Rudolf did this morning but I see it is Closing only. Please clarify, Thanks D600
    • At the expire date IG sell/buy price is 93.8/94.95 and Bloomberg price is 92.12 Assume I bought at 100.0 If I close the trade myself I lose (100-93.8) = 6.2 If the trade expires I lose (94.95-93.8) + (100-92.12) = 1.15 + 7.8 = 9.03 Is that right?    
×
×
  • Create New...