Whats happens to my IG ISA account if I decide to move outside UK?

9982abhi

Question

As per regulation a person can only contribute to ISA account as long as he is a resident of UK.

But can continue to hold shares / funds in ISA account even after he moves of of UK.

My questions are:

1) Can I operate my IG ISA account from outside UK with existing funds? Does IG app and website access would be available?

2) If needed can i transfer funds from IG account to bank outside UK?

Has anyone in this forum has personal experience.

Thanks

2 answers to this question

As per regulation a person can only contribute to ISA account as long as he is a resident of UK.

But can continue to hold shares / funds in ISA account even after he moves of of UK.

My questions are: When a person is has moved out of UK and is no longer UK resident, in that case:

1) Can I operate my IG ISA account from outside UK with existing funds? Does IG app and website access would be available?

Thanks

On 25/03/2021 at 15:43, 9982abhi said:

My questions are:

Thanks

Hey, 

Thanks for your post. 

1) Once you have declared to IG that you've moved to another country you will not be able to pay any money into the account or buy more shares. You will be able to sell your shares though and withdraw funds. 

2) Depending on how long you've had your account with us will have an impact on where the funds can be sent to. For example with very new clients you can only send funds back to the source you funded with. Reach put to us via email if you need us to check your account and let you know which withdrawal methods are possible.

All the best