Why different timeframe on the chart have different open prices?

Rookieee

Question

I am new to IG and CFD trading. When I was exploring what kind of function and charting IG has, I found that ZIP's (26/07) chart has different opening prices regarding different timeframe. When I check the market open price on the daily chart, the open price is 7.530. If I change the chart to 30mins or 4hrs, the market open price becomes 7.470. Why would this happen?

Screenshot 2021-03-26 155139.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-26 155221.jpg

1 answer to this question

On 26/03/2021 at 06:53, Rookieee said:

I am new to IG and CFD trading. When I was exploring what kind of function and charting IG has, I found that ZIP's (26/07) chart has different opening prices regarding different timeframe. When I check the market open price on the daily chart, the open price is 7.530. If I change the chart to 30mins or 4hrs, the market open price becomes 7.470. Why would this happen?

Screenshot 2021-03-26 155139.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-26 155221.jpg

Hi @Rookieee

We are working towards making IG trading platform charting developments better to provide a good user trading experience.

We would appreciate it if you could take part in the poll and vote as we are continuously working on adding more chart features to our IG trading platform to make your trading experience better. 

Share your valuable & useful feedback on the blog below:

Thanks

All the best - MongiIG