Transfer funds from Trading Account to ISA

Steadyonnow

Question

I have opened my trading account and an ISA. Each account has its own account number. I can’t see how to transfer some of the money in my trading account over to my isa?? It’s well under the £20k annual limit...any ideas??

3 answers to this question

On 21/04/2021 at 23:31, Steadyonnow said:

I have opened my trading account and an ISA. Each account has its own account number. I can’t see how to transfer some of the money in my trading account over to my isa?? It’s well under the £20k annual limit...any ideas??

Hey, 

You can do this on the MyIG page by selecting Live accounts> Transfer funds. If this transfer if from a share dealing account you may have to wait 2/3 working days after you've sold stock before you can transfer due to the settlement period. 

All the best

• Sad 1
Guest wendybendy23
On 23/04/2021 at 12:00, CharlotteIG said:

Hey, 

You can do this on the MyIG page by selecting Live accounts> Transfer funds. If this transfer if from a share dealing account you may have to wait 2/3 working days after you've sold stock before you can transfer due to the settlement period. 

All the best

Hello,

You described my experience selling and wanting to transfer funds to ISA and re-buy a week ago. However, when selling a T-3 stock on Friday in my ISA, you allowed me to transfer these unsettled funds to my Share dealing account today. So it didn’t follow the same rule. 

does this only affect Share to ISA or certain stocks? Or is there something else o am missing? 

Thank you

On 01/05/2021 at 16:57, Guest wendybendy23 said:

Hello,

You described my experience selling and wanting to transfer funds to ISA and re-buy a week ago. However, when selling a T-3 stock on Friday in my ISA, you allowed me to transfer these unsettled funds to my Share dealing account today. So it didn’t follow the same rule. 

does this only affect Share to ISA or certain stocks? Or is there something else o am missing? 

Thank you

The settlement affects ISAs and share dealing accounts. 

I've never heard of stock settle that fast. Also the ISA and Share dealing accounts have different tax wrappers which is why we don't let them transfer when they're not settled. 

Unfortunately you can't post any personal data so I can't find your account but if you're curious I would suggest reaching out to the trading team on helpdesk.uk@ig.com. 

All the best