API: Cant create or use more than 1 API key.

MerlinR

Question

Im having trouble with the API key generation, it appears i cant have more than 1 key enabled in either live or demo. If i try create an API key with one enabled it throws an error.

I cant find anything about this limitation other than it's stated mutiple places you need one Key per app, but cant have more than 1 key on an account. Whats going on?

3 answers to this question

There seem to be issues on IG's side as I currently have three different API keys for the demo API. So it is indeed possible to have more than one key, however, the key generation seems to be broken for both the demo and live API right now.

I also opened another thread because the live API gives me internal server error responses for most API requests at the time which makes the live API completely unusable. It looks like the incident is still not recognized by IG as their status page still shows that everything is operational.

All in all, I don't like the fact that the contact link on their IG Labs page for API related information is already dead for more than a year and that forum support seems to be rather sparse. It would not be such a problem if the demo API was down time to time. But it is a whole other thing if the live API is completely unusable for more than 24 hours now and that there seems to be no real way to contact IG with API related issues (which for sure are not caused from my side with buggy requests).

Thanks ArturCz, was thinking i was missing something. Since then I have been trying and same issue of not being able to create more than 1 APi key or have more than 1 enabled. This kind of defeats the purpose i have. hopefully someone has better insight.