Live API responds with 500 for many different requests and API key creation problems

ArturCz

Question

Hi,

since yesterday I am having problems with IG's live API, at least these requests respond with 500 and "errorCode: null" for me:

• GET /watchlists
  • GET /marketnavigation
  • GET /session

IG's demo API seems to be fully functional, the issue exists only for IG's live API which is more severe of course.

I am currently also not able to generate a new API key (live as well as demo) as I get a notification that the key can not be created due to technical problems. As the IG status page shows that everything is operational, are you still aware of some current problems with the live API or might it be a problem which is uniquely linked to my account?

Looking forward to a statement as soon as possible as the live API is not really usable for me at the moment.

Edited by ArturCz

3 answers to this question

Also checked live trading functionality with IG's REST API companion. Nothing is working and responding with HTTP 500 (internal server error). This is going on for more than 24 hours already and the IG status page still shows that all systems are operational...

Hi,

same issue here (Live -> errorCode: none / Demo -> working). REST API companion shows the same results, so it's not an issue of the app (Login to Live in companion is OK, but a simple "Get Account Settings" already results in HTTP: 500 / status: error).

I already sent an email to the support, hopefully this will be fixed soon - Live system currently is useless.

The issue with the "technical problem" during creation of a new API key already persists since weeks, so this seems to be a different problem.

Regards,
Stef

Fortunately, the issues seem to be resolved by now. Don't know what went wrong on IG's side but at least everything is working as expected again.

Here is some constructive criticism from my side which might in the best case contribute to some improvements in the future:

All in all, I don't like the fact that the contact link on the IG Labs page for API related information is already dead for more than a year and that forum support seems to be a bit sparse. It would not be such a problem if the demo API was down from time to time. But it is a whole other thing if the live API is completely unusable for more than 24 hours and that there seems to be no real way to contact IG with API related issues (which were for sure not caused from my side with buggy requests). There are better ways to handle such situations and maybe IG is willing to improve a bit on it in the future. 👍