Exchange Unavailable

User224

Question

3 answers to this question

On 28/06/2021 at 20:55, User224 said:

Hi,

Assuming a bit of an amateur question, on confirming order, an Exchange Unavailable error shows with all options available and active graph, what causes this?
Thankyou

Hi @User224,

When the error is Exchange Unavailable , it is likely that the trading session has ended. You can find the trading hours on the dealing ticket :
image.png

On the top of the chart you will have a small icon telling you if the market is open with a green dot. If you see that blue tag it means that the market is closed but you can place orders:
image.png

I hope that it helps !

All the best - Arvin 

Hi,

In reference to the blue tag: I still receive the "Exchange is currently unavailable" message even when trying to place an order that can be filled at the end of the day. Any reason for this?

On 24/10/2021 at 00:26, Guest Dani said:

Hi,

In reference to the blue tag: I still receive the "Exchange is currently unavailable" message even when trying to place an order that can be filled at the end of the day. Any reason for this?

Hi Dani,

Could you please send an email to helpdesk.uk@ig.com or use the live chat with your account details and the market you are after? 
The helpdesk will be able to check on the market and the order rejection.

All the best - Arvin