2 demo accounts through API (Python)

FatFoss

Question

Hello!
I have an issue by using two demo accounts. It seems that the server does not work correctly through the "ig-trading" library for Python. Request for 1st account has been sent to 2nd account and request for 2nd account has been sent to 1st account. Returns no positions. How can I control sessions at request time for each of the accounts?

Edited by FatFoss

7 answers to this question

13 hours ago, FatFoss said:

Hello!
I have an issue by using two demo accounts. It seems that the server does not work correctly through the "ig-trading" library for Python. Request for 1st account has been sent to 2nd account and request for 2nd account has been sent to 1st account. Returns no positions. How can I control sessions at request time for each of the accounts?

Hi @FatFoss, could you please clarify if the issue is only occurring on the Python API, or if it is happening on the companion too?

Thanks - Arvin

It relates to Python API. There is no way to work with two different accounts in prallel in the companion, so everything works well there. The problem is when I start using multiple instances of the IGService() class from the "ig-trading" library. It seems that server confuses the requests when I send orders and I can not get positions (there are positions actually)

3 hours ago, ArvinIG said:

Hi @FatFoss, could you please clarify if the issue is only occurring on the Python API, or if it is happening on the companion too?

Thanks - Arvin

53 minutes ago, FatFoss said:

It relates to Python API. There is no way to work with two different accounts in prallel in the companion, so everything works well there. The problem is when I start using multiple instances of the IGService() class from the "ig-trading" library. It seems that server confuses the requests when I send orders and I can not get positions (there are positions actually)

Hi @FatFoss, for further assistance on Python and IG please check the github page : https://github.com/ig-python .

If this page doesn't help please contact us at helpdesk@ig.com.sg with some screenshots, our helpdesk and IT team will be able to assist you further if necessary.

Thank you - Arvin

3 hours ago, ArvinIG said:

Hi @FatFoss, for further assistance on Python and IG please check the github page : https://github.com/ig-python .

If this page doesn't help please contact us at helpdesk@ig.com.sg with some screenshots, our helpdesk and IT team will be able to assist you further if necessary.

Thank you - Arvin

I wrote to github yesturday. They are silent for now. Thank you for your help

On 09/07/2021 at 11:34, FatFoss said:

I wrote to github yesturday. They are silent for now. Thank you for your help

Did you get any further with this? I'm coding in c# and will have the same problem looking at the code, I'm going to try and copy the api to a new solution under a different name, so will need to do this for each extra account I want to connect to it seems

2 minutes ago, CoolCold said:

you need to switch account if you are using 1 api key with 2 accounts

So it's possible to have 2 api keys and connect to them independently?.

I had a look at the new authentication, I can't remember it exactly off the top of my head but it seemed like I could maybe get two independent conversation context or whatever it is.