Self Exclusion. Are we able to self exclude on IG for approx 12 to 24 hours?

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before. I have searched the forum and unable to find an answer.

Does IG have an option where you are able to self exclude from the platform for a set length of time? So for instance, after a bad trade you could click a button and self exclude for say 12 or 24 hours.

I know this may seem a strange question, however this is quite a standard option with gambling and betting sites. I know that IG is not a gambling or betting site however the option would be really helpful to stop impulsive revenge trading.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gareth

13 hours ago, garethw said:

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before. I have searched the forum and unable to find an answer.

Does IG have an option where you are able to self exclude from the platform for a set length of time? So for instance, after a bad trade you could click a button and self exclude for say 12 or 24 hours.

I know this may seem a strange question, however this is quite a standard option with gambling and betting sites. I know that IG is not a gambling or betting site however the option would be really helpful to stop impulsive revenge trading.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gareth

Hi @garethw, unfortunately there is no option to self exclude on the platform. I will raise this as a feedback to the development team. However we do have procedures for clients who wish to be excluded temporary. To do so contact us at helpdesk.uk@ig.com or on 0800 409 6789.

All the Best - Arvin