Out-of-hours US share dealing

The IG share trading service claims to be "unique" in providing the ability to trade shares on the US market when closed.

So far all I get is Market is Closed and cannot open a limit buy/sell trade with any expiry setting.

This is very limiting and frustrating not being able to submit a trade out of hours.  

The only "unique" part as far as I can tell is you can't.

Is there some trick to this?

This complaint has bene raised many time by forum members and I am yet to see any satisfactory explanation of how you can achieve this.

• Out-of-hours US share dealing

We are unique in offering clients the opportunity to invest in a number of US shares while the market is closed

On 17/07/2021 at 13:12, PaulF said:

The IG share trading service claims to be "unique" in providing the ability to trade shares on the US market when closed.

So far all I get is Market is Closed and cannot open a limit buy/sell trade with any expiry setting.

This is very limiting and frustrating not being able to submit a trade out of hours.  

The only "unique" part as far as I can tell is you can't.

Is there some trick to this?

This complaint has bene raised many time by forum members and I am yet to see any satisfactory explanation of how you can achieve this.

• Out-of-hours US share dealing

We are unique in offering clients the opportunity to invest in a number of US shares while the market is closed

Hi @PaulF

You can find all the details about Pre-Market and After-hours trading on this page.

Most AU traders can only trade the US stock market's from 23.30 to 06.00 AEST, but with our extended hours you can trade for much longer.

CFDs on All Session US shares:
6pm to 10am Monday to Thursday, and 6pm Friday to 7am Saturday AEST

Share trading on All Session US shares:
9pm to 7:30am Monday to Thursday, and 9pm Friday to 7am Saturday AEST

These are most of the shares available : image.png

I hope that it helps.

All the best - Arvin

16 hours ago, PaulF said:

Thanks Alvin, so if not on the list, you can only trade in hours.  Hmmmm, not very convenient.

Appreciate the reply.

Hi @PaulF,
This list is non-exhaustive, the best way to check if a stock is available is to see if they are available in All sessions as below:image.png

I hope that it helps - Arvin