Nvidia stock split and position P/L

Hi, Nvidia split their stock yesterday (20th July) and I can see from IG transaction that my existing shares were "sold" for 0 and 4x the position in new shares were "bought" also at 0.

This all looks fine, the problem is that now my portfolio looks like I've made a huge profit because the shares are priced at zero - this makes it annoying to work out my real P&L as I cannot rely on the dashboard.

Is there a way I can override the purchase price for a position to fix this ? I'm a bit suprised IG's profit and loss is as rudimentary as this...

1 hour ago, rwat11 said:

Hi, Nvidia split their stock yesterday (20th July) and I can see from IG transaction that my existing shares were "sold" for 0 and 4x the position in new shares were "bought" also at 0.

This all looks fine, the problem is that now my portfolio looks like I've made a huge profit because the shares are priced at zero - this makes it annoying to work out my real P&L as I cannot rely on the dashboard.

Is there a way I can override the purchase price for a position to fix this ? I'm a bit suprised IG's profit and loss is as rudimentary as this...

Hi @rwat11,
Once a company undergoes a corporate action such as a stock split, the Corporate action team will make the changes on your account. They will sell and buy the shares at 0 because the system is design that way.

Once completed you will have to edit your book cost by following the steps of this link here.

Once edited you P&L will be adjusted correctly.

I hope that it helps !

All the best - Arvin

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, ETHANCHUNG1 said:

Is it possible to get the original pricing spent against this, having a bit of difficulty recovering the previous details

Sure. Please send us a request to update your book cost to helpdesk.uk@ig.com and we'll do it for you.

Thanks,

Jakub

14 hours ago, akaBruce said:

Ah so this was a stock split? I sold my shares just a few days before the 'split' and was shocked to see it crash so hard. Is there any indicator on the trade UI to show that it was 'split'?

Hi @akaBruce,

There is no marker or indicator on the chart or platform showing that there was a split.  You can find this information on the news or online. Otherwise for Corporate action such as Right issues, the Corporate Action team will send you an email with all the details and your options.

All the best - Arvin