20 min delay

I'm new to IG. 

All Australian stocks have a 20 min delay on them and won't let me change to anything faster than a 5 min chart ( however when trading US stocks it gives me the full range of charts with a live price) 

The only thing it tells me to do is "select a direction" to see the live price or make a deal but gives no instruction on how to do so. 

How do you I fix this problem? 

13 minutes ago, Samtheman said:

I'm new to IG. 

All Australian stocks have a 20 min delay on them and won't let me change to anything faster than a 5 min chart ( however when trading US stocks it gives me the full range of charts with a live price) 

The only thing it tells me to do is "select a direction" to see the live price or make a deal but gives no instruction on how to do so. 

How do you I fix this problem? 

Hi @Samtheman,

The stocks that shows "20"  does mean that there is a 20 minutes delay, and the interval will be 5 min maximum.

You will need to activate the live data feed in your settings on MY IG > Settings > Data feeds.
It will show the fee and the total amount at the bottom right of the table:

image.png

All the best - Arvin

• 4 months later...
On 19/08/2021 at 14:28, ArvinIG said:

Hi @Samtheman,

The stocks that shows "20"  does mean that there is a 20 minutes delay, and the interval will be 5 min maximum.

You will need to activate the live data feed in your settings on MY IG > Settings > Data feeds.
It will show the fee and the total amount at the bottom right of the table:

image.png

All the best - Arvin

Hi @ArvinIG 

I am still using a demo account. don't see the same options in the settings page. Do I need to upgrade to live first? please help

image.thumb.png.c32b938ce27a2758a94da3d40943eeec.png

1 hour ago, Sumanta said:

Hi @ArvinIG 

I am still using a demo account. don't see the same options in the settings page. Do I need to upgrade to live first? please help

image.thumb.png.c32b938ce27a2758a94da3d40943eeec.png

Hi @Sumanta,

That is correct, the data feed will only be available for live accounts as the demo account is free, we wouldn't charge a client to access live data on a demo account.

All the best - Arvin

• Like 1