Account Blocked Trades and Profit lost, ig error

I've had an error on my account since Friday not being able to sell, buy or use limits. Told initially was a mifid issue, however my account has been open and trading 10 mnths. So not that! Which was later confirmed. Now told its a level 2 set up issue? No response, no solution and no answers or call backs from Kieran weal (not sure spelling sorry) as promised multiple times. As a disabled trader coping with pain issue this lack of customer support is pitiful. If its a technical issue sort it? Don't leave a customer without access to their account or investments! As a disabled user I'm disgusted. Loss so far £1060 due to not being able to set a sell and trade a stock. And that's just one day's loss. 

6 hours ago, Citygirl said:

I've had an error on my account since Friday not being able to sell, buy or use limits. Told initially was a mifid issue, however my account has been open and trading 10 mnths. So not that! Which was later confirmed. Now told its a level 2 set up issue? No response, no solution and no answers or call backs from Kieran weal (not sure spelling sorry) as promised multiple times. As a disabled trader coping with pain issue this lack of customer support is pitiful. If its a technical issue sort it? Don't leave a customer without access to their account or investments! As a disabled user I'm disgusted. Loss so far £1060 due to not being able to set a sell and trade a stock. And that's just one day's loss. 

Hi @Citygirl,

Thank you for you post. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with IG. 

Please reach out to helpdesk.uk@ig.com. Our team will investigate the order error. If effectively the error comes from IG, I am sure that our team will find a reasonable solution to make it up any inconvenience caused.

If an error is detected it is instantly raised to the IT department to work on a fix ASAP.

All the best - Arvin

Thanks Arvin, finally found a gentleman to help me, he has offered a solution and fixed the account.  Im just waiting on confirmation that the difference between 2 trades will be compensated due to IG error. Thank you. That was all it needed, someone to take my call and explain what was going on rather than give me answers that seemed at times to be plucked from mid air.  It seems bad that the cs reps had no managers all day to pass this complaint to ? hope its sorted now, just working out the finer detail, thank you

• Great! 1
15 hours ago, Citygirl said:

Thanks Arvin, finally found a gentleman to help me, he has offered a solution and fixed the account.  Im just waiting on confirmation that the difference between 2 trades will be compensated due to IG error. Thank you. That was all it needed, someone to take my call and explain what was going on rather than give me answers that seemed at times to be plucked from mid air.  It seems bad that the cs reps had no managers all day to pass this complaint to ? hope its sorted now, just working out the finer detail, thank you

Hi @Citygirl,

We take our clients query very seriously our customer representatives are sales trader. Sometimes it takes time to identify where the issue is from and it requires need to collaboration of few teams such has the helpdesk, dealing desk, IT team or corporate actions. 

I am glad to hear that they found a solution for your problem.

All the best - Arvin

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• Crypto enthusiasts, mark your calendars! Bitget is bringing the future of Web3 to the Balkans with an exciting Community Meetup in Rijeka, Croatia on July 12th. Why should you be there? 1. Exclusive Access: Meet Bitget's EU COO Apprentice and gain insider insights into one of the fastest-growing crypto exchanges. 2. Networking Goldmine: Connect with crypto leaders and expand your professional circle in a relaxed, vibrant atmosphere. 3. Cutting-Edge Knowledge: Dive deep into the latest DeFi trends and discover how blockchain is reshaping our daily lives. 4. Swag Alert: Don't miss out on exclusive #BitgetBlue merch! Rock a stylish t-shirt, stay cozy in a hoodie, or carry your tech in a sleek laptop bag. From 17:30 to 21:00, Akvarij on Ulica Radmile Matejčić 5 will be the epicenter of crypto innovation in the Balkans. Be part of the movement connecting the Balkans to the Web3 future! Don't just watch the crypto revolution – be part of it. See you in Rijeka!"
    • The essence and importance of crypto based meetups can never be underrated. With these kind of opportunities, crypto enthusiasts are giving a pedestal and leverage to connect with some of the brightest minds in the CryptoSpace.  The Bitget Builders Meetup event in Croatia is one opportunity for Croatian crypto enthusiasts to come together, share expertise and crypto experience. This is really an innovative step by Bitget owing to its undying commitment to spread Crypto Adoption to all tentacles of the world. Interestingly, the event comes with alot of perks, summarily;  Participants can get to meet Bitget EU COO apprentice and win merchandise such as exclusive T shirts, hoodies, laptops and more!  Here's the registration link to secure a spot; https://lu.ma/y0k4m01c  
    • Copper Elliott Wave Analysis Function - Counter-Trend Mode - Impulse wave a of (IV) Structure - IMpulse wave Position -Wave (3) of 5 (circled) Direction - Wave (4) Details - The decline from 20th May is better suited for an impulse structure. Thus, the price is expected to drop lower to complete the cycle degree wave a. It’s currently in wave 5 (circled) of the cycle degree, close to completing an ending diagonal structure. Since 17th May 2024, Copper has shed nearly 15% as it corrects the strong rally from October 2023. The correction from May 2024 appears to go much deeper to complete at least a 3-swing chart structure. However, the long-term trend still supports the upside but buyers should not be in a hurry. Meanwhile, before the decline continues, the commodity could make a minor bounce, correcting the current sell-off from 17th May 2024.    In the long term, it appears that the price is in a bullish corrective cycle - wave A-B-C of the grand supercycle degree. Wave B completed a triangle structure that lasted 17 months when it ended in April 2022. Since then, a bullish diagonal structure has emerged for wave C of the supercycle degree. Thus, the long-term trend still supports buyers. However, there will be some sharp pullbacks in between.   On the daily chart, the diagonal completed its 3rd sub-wave, wave (III) of the supercycle degree in May 2024. A decline for wave (IV) ensued and is currently ongoing. Wave (IV) is expected to complete a corrective structure - ABC or WXY. Wave a of (IV) is close to completion and thus a resurgence for wave b of (IV) could follow. The H4 chart shows how far wave a of (IV) has gone and how further it could go before it’s concluded and b begins upwards.     On the H4 chart, the sell-off from May 2024 is emerging into an impulse wave for wave 5 (circled) of a. Currently at the sub-waves (4) of a diagonal wave 5 (circled) which is expected to be the last leg. If the diagonal concludes as expected, then sellers should be wary of a corrective surge. However, buyers shouldn’t get over-ambitious as the rally will most likely be corrective, leading to another round of sell-offs before wave (IV) ends and the price starts pushing upside for wave (V) in the long term.    Technical Analyst : Sanmi Adeagbo Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!  
us