Is My IG account restricted by the regulations of where I live?

CKCathnott

Question

I currently reside in Germany and plan to start a live IG trading account in a few months. As I understand it, my account has to be opened with the German office www.ig.com/de However I plan to relocate to Barbados in the next 2 years, my question: how can I continue trading with my account?

1. Do I open a new account under IG international and transfer my funds?

2. Will there be a change in rules for the use of an International account, how will the new account be impacted?

Looking forward to your response.

Cathnott

1 answer to this question

3 hours ago, CKCathnott said:

I currently reside in Germany and plan to start a live IG trading account in a few months. As I understand it, my account has to be opened with the German office www.ig.com/de However I plan to relocate to Barbados in the next 2 years, my question: how can I continue trading with my account?

1. Do I open a new account under IG international and transfer my funds?

2. Will there be a change in rules for the use of an International account, how will the new account be impacted?

Looking forward to your response.

Cathnott

Hi @CKCathnott,

Thank you for your message. Effectively you will need to reapply with our international office. Each of our offices are regulated by local regulators. Therefore, you will need to sign a new user agreement relevant to your new region legislation.

You can refer to this page for furhter information https://www.ig.com/en/welcome-page, you will only have access to CFD with an international account as opposed to a German account.

I hope that it helps!

All the best - Arvin

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• Web3 is heralded for its open-source environment that allows multiple innovative technologies to thrive. However this expansion has exposed the need to bind these technologies as a cohesive whole for participants, while maintaining decentralization–the very essence of blockchain technology. Executing cross-ecosystem transaction has become frictional overtime; however Avail aims to effectively unify Web3 by utilizing top-notch modular technology stack that focuses on data availability, aggregation, and shared security. In addition to fulfilling its vision of providing a cohesive, unified user experience within a flexible and modular blockchain ecosystem, Avail potential use cases cuts across DeFi, NFTs, IoT, Gaming, Supply Chain Management; all having the potential to speed up its adoption. With $75m raised, Avail token gears up for Spot listing, revealing snippet of its token price on Bitget Premarket. What are your expectations when it officially lists?         
    • As a BGB holder, I believe the future of the token is intriguing. Based on various predictions, by November 2024 the price could fluctuate between $1.47 and $1.72. For a longer-term outlook, in 2025 it might reach an average price of $5.29, and by 2026, some forecasts even suggest it could hit an average of $10. Of course, these predictions come with a healthy dose of speculation, so I will be expecting some volatility. Though factors like market demand and supply, regulatory changes, technological development, market sentiments, adoption and usage, competitions, amongst several others,  could influence its future value.  
    • تم ذكر رمز إحالة Gate.io الخاص بك على أنه UAQRXQhX. عند التسجيل في منصة Binance باستخدام هذا الرمز، ستحتاج إلى كتابة "UAQRXQhX" في حقل "معرف الإحالة" (اختياري). هذا الرمز صالح مدى الحياة ويوفر خصم عمولة بنسبة 35% عند التداول على Binance.
us