Deposit using Debit card failed

VegetaRx7

Question

2 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, VegetaRx7 said:

Hello IG team,

I have tried doing a deposit using my debit card and it fails everytime. The addresss on my personal details and debit card statement also matches. What would be the issue?

Hi @VegetaRx7

Thanks for reaching out.

Why has my card deposit been rejected?

A card payment can be rejected for one of six reasons – these will normally be shown on the depositing screen.

• The payment was rejected by your bank

This can usually be resolved by contacting your bank or card issuer.

• The payment failed online

If you think the payment was successful but can’t see the funds on your account after a few minutes, it’s likely the payment failed online. Clear your cookies and cache, log back in and try again.

In some circumstances, your bank may contact you to verify a payment before the transaction is authorised.

• The name on the card doesn’t match

For security reasons, your chosen card must be in the same name as your account with us. We don’t accept payments from third parties or corporate cards, even if the card is in your name. If you’re a corporate account holder, please fund your account by bank transfer.

• The address doesn’t match

Make sure the address we hold for you matches the address registered with the bank you’re using to fund. You can edit your address by logging in to My IG, going to the ‘settings’ tab and selecting ‘personal details’.

Please contact your card issuer if a charge appears on your card after an address mismatch.

• We can’t accept your card

We're unable to accept any deposits from American Express cards or certain jurisdictions, like the US and would recommend using a different card or payment method.

• The deposit exceeds your ISA allowance

Please check your allowance before depositing into your ISA account on the MyIG dashboard.

Please note when returning funds, we usually use the same method and same account from which it was received. If you made a deposit using a card, you’ll need to request a withdrawal back to that card. This will avoid potential delays, as additional checks may be required otherwise.

All the best - MongiIG

7 minutes ago, VegetaRx7 said:

Hello IG team,

I have tried doing a deposit using my debit card and it fails everytime. The addresss on my personal details and debit card statement also matches. What would be the issue?

Hi @VegetaRx7

If the issue persists please email us: For non-urgent queries, please email helpdesk.uk@ig.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Call our support team: If you have an urgent query, call us on 0800 409 6789 or +44 20 7896 0079. We’re sorry that there may be a delay before we can answer you – we’re receiving unusually large numbers of calls at the moment.

All the best - MongiIG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    manifest
    Joined 19/05/22 23:32
    • Same wave-length as me - most people listen to the mouth pieces rather than figuring it all out for themselves and then they wonder why they can't win at trading, Investing etc
    • Shares of UK home repairs insurance company HomeServe have risen over 10% in early morning trade as the company has agreed a takeover offer of £12 per share from Canadian investment firm Brookfield.     Daniela Sabin Hathorn | Presenter and Analyst, London | Publication date: Thursday 19 May 2022   HomeServe shares rally HomeServe plc has agreed to be taken over by Canadian investment firm Brookfield for almost £4.1 billion. The interest from the Canadian company was first made public on the 24th March and today the board has agreed to a £12 per share cash deal. This is a 71% premium to the stock price prior to the takeover announcement that started back in April. Technical analysis Let's take a look now at a chart of HomeServe shares because, as you can see, we've seen a really strong momentum here in that rally, especially back here on the 24th March. This was, as I was saying earlier, the first time that Brookfield had announced its interest in HomeServe. We have seen that strong rally back here, once again in April when HomeServe actually confirmed they were in talks with the Toronto-based company. Strong momentum there following all the way into today where we have seen that deal announced. Once again showing a premium over the share price back here in March when the talk started, but also a premium to current share price as well. This is still below the 2020 highs back here, we saw them in August two years ago, almost. This was obviously on the back of that rally from the COVID-19 pandemic. Nonetheless we still have some good momentum from HomeServe's share price, as you can see. The RSI is firmly above the overbought territory showing those buyers are still in control. We may have a little bit of a retracement from this move, we've already seen pushing away slightly from those highs. And after the previous three strong rallies that we've seen, we have seen a period of consolidation, a bit of a retracement. Those investors are gathering a bit of a pause for breath, discovering where the next move is going to come. But nonetheless, that strong momentum there is still holding, likely to hit those £12 per share in the next few days as more investors digest this news.    
    • INTERESTING VIEWPOINT 786TRADER.      QUESTION ARE INDIVIDUALS IN CHARGE OF THE FINANCIAL WORLD READY FOR A MORE JUST OR ETHICAL PRACTICES??      OR, will greed run away too far and have a KNOCK-ON CONSEQUENCES FOR THE REST OF SOCIETY, and for those concerned. Any underhanded practices builds up as guilt and blaming of others for faults. That's human nature.