What market would be more suitable?

Hello,

For last 3  months i have demo traded and did pretty well (Also before demo trading i had mentor which i learned from) When i was demo trading i usually traded DJ30, DAX, DE40 and MOEX. Now i have decided to start money trading and chose ig as my brokerage. I am planing to start trading with around 1000 euros( for the first deposit) if i do well i will add more money. So my question is - WHICH MARKET SHOULD I START WITH?  All above mentioned markets require much bigger deposit. For this market i would like risk around 1% of deposit per trade( 10 euros) and maximum stop size should be around 0.02% of the market value. 

Any suggestions for markets or other tips how to start trading more successfully?

Thank you!

• Like 1
On 31/01/2022 at 21:05, raaiivo said:

Hello,

For last 3  months i have demo traded and did pretty well (Also before demo trading i had mentor which i learned from) When i was demo trading i usually traded DJ30, DAX, DE40 and MOEX. Now i have decided to start money trading and chose ig as my brokerage. I am planing to start trading with around 1000 euros( for the first deposit) if i do well i will add more money. So my question is - WHICH MARKET SHOULD I START WITH?  All above mentioned markets require much bigger deposit. For this market i would like risk around 1% of deposit per trade( 10 euros) and maximum stop size should be around 0.02% of the market value. 

Any suggestions for markets or other tips how to start trading more successfully?

Thank you!

Hi @raaiivo

Welcome to the IG community.

What type of trader are you? Scalper, day trader, swing trader, position trader, algorithmic trader or event-driven trader ?

If you don't mind, please share your routine when it comes to your trading analysis.

All the best - MongiIG

On 31/01/2022 at 21:05, raaiivo said:

Hi @raaiivo

You can have a look at the following blogs:

Free Trading Guides & Forecasts

Enhance your knowledge with our free trading guides and market forecasts from the DailyFX experts.

• Gain confidence to trade the global financial markets.
  • Use our forex trading guides to master advanced strategies and tools.
  • Discover the fundamental drivers of volatility this quarter.

Link includes different markets you can trade: Trading Guides

I hope this helps!

All the best - MongiIG

@MongiIG Thank you for your response!

Thank you for all the learning material and I will look at it. I did not mention earlier but i have taken on of best courses related to trading and almost everything was mentioned there.

I am mostly a day trader, sometimes do some swing trades if i see a good opportunity. If we are talking about trading forex then my strategy is not as precise as in other markets so only logical reason is to search for good low entry barrier market.

Little bit after making this topic i scouted what ig offers: https://www.ig.com/ie/markets/indices/indices-cfd-costs-and-details

Found some interesting European market futures - Almost all MINI contracts which are around 1-2euro are tradable. If i understand correctly than 'value of one contract' means how one point movement is valued right?

• Great! 1