Popular Markets

Guest FoxTrader

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi,

Thanks for getting in contact.

I will speak to the relevant team for you regarding this and will be in contact in due course once I hear back from them. We are always grategful for feedback so do let me know what you think would be the best way of defining the 'Popular markets' Watchlist.

Do you think it should be done by volume or frequency of trades?

Well spotted FoxTrader,

I just looked at the Popular Markets list for the first time in about 6months.  Interesting.  Gold is there too - maybe because of your post.  But there is a few things there that I am surprised are "popular".  French CAC40, and the AUD/CNH. 

I would agree with  that frequency seems to imply popularity.  By that I'd imagine that would mean the number of different accounts trading the particular item. 

Yet I would also agree  that volume of contracts is another good way of defining a watchlist - and I would lean towards that being more useful.  Yet it might have to be re-named?  "Most heavily traded" is too long?  Will think about it.

Hi,

Just to let you know that the team that work on the Quoting desk that are responsible for the instruments listed on the popular markets watchlist have added Gold accordingly. 

I have also passed on the points you have raised to them as well for future considerations.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts!

Archived