Options exercised by IG without my express consent

alex9686

Question

Dear IG

In relation to the Magellan Group bonus options, I wrote to Corporate Actions to say "I would like to subscribe to the Magellan Financial Group bonus issue."

On this advice, IG exercised the options for me.

I did not want to exercise the options, I simply wanted to be able to have the options available to me.

I did not want to exercise the options immediately - and I believe IG has exercised these options for me without my express consent.

I would like this to be reversed please.

Regards

Alex

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, alex9686 said:

I'll be honest IG, if no one replies to me about this issue soon, I will be sending a complaint to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission. It's been 18 days since I raised this matter with the Corporate Actions team.

Hi @alex9686,

I managed to reach out to the Corporate action team. They advised that your order was reversed. The options should now be available on your side.

All the best - Arvin

3 hours ago, alex9686 said:

Dear IG

In relation to the Magellan Group bonus options, I wrote to Corporate Actions to say "I would like to subscribe to the Magellan Financial Group bonus issue."

On this advice, IG exercised the options for me.

I did not want to exercise the options, I simply wanted to be able to have the options available to me.

I did not want to exercise the options immediately - and I believe IG has exercised these options for me without my express consent.

I would like this to be reversed please.

Regards

Alex

Hi @alex9686,

Please reach out to helpdesk.au@ig.com or reply to the email you sent to the corporate action team. Only that specific team will be able to assist you.

Thank you - Arvin

• Like 1

I'll be honest IG, if no one replies to me about this issue soon, I will be sending a complaint to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission. It's been 18 days since I raised this matter with the Corporate Actions team.

I just wanted to say IG has contacted me and resolved this issue for me. I really appreciate it. Thank you IG for being a great trading platform. I use your platform almost daily and recommend it to my friends.

Thank you IG.

Alex

On 12/05/2022 at 14:12, ArvinIG said:

Hi @alex9686,

Please reach out to helpdesk.au@ig.com or reply to the email you sent to the corporate action team. Only that specific team will be able to assist you.

Thank you - Arvin

Thank you Arvin - the matter is resolved and I am very happy about. A big thank you to you and the Corp Actions team.

29 minutes ago, alex9686 said:

Thank you Arvin - the matter is resolved and I am very happy about. A big thank you to you and the Corp Actions team.

Hi @alex9686,

I am glad to hear that it was resolved, the Corporate action team was very prompt to take action once I reach out.

All the best - Arvin