Exercising Share Options into my ISA Account?

Smithy

Question

Dear IG,

A third of my share options have now vested at the private company I work for.  To exercise these, it's 0.005p per share.

The shares are at a low value right now, and I wanted to buy them, pay less tax than I would when the shares (I believe) rise to a higher value, and put them straight into my ISA trading account for tax free gains.

However, is there a way of exercising those share options straight into my ISA trading account with you?  Is there any way I can leverage the £20k per year limit of that ISA when it comes to share options?  Your advice as to the art-of-the-possible on this topic would be great.

Thanks,

Tom

4 answers to this question

13 hours ago, Smithy said:

Dear IG,

A third of my share options have now vested at the private company I work for.  To exercise these, it's 0.005p per share.

The shares are at a low value right now, and I wanted to buy them, pay less tax than I would when the shares (I believe) rise to a higher value, and put them straight into my ISA trading account for tax free gains.

However, is there a way of exercising those share options straight into my ISA trading account with you?  Is there any way I can leverage the £20k per year limit of that ISA when it comes to share options?  Your advice as to the art-of-the-possible on this topic would be great.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi @Smithy,

Thank you for your post. We will need to determine if the Stock is ISA allowed first. Could you pelase let us know what is the stock ticker?
Once clarified our team will be able to guide accordingly.

Thank you - Arvin

4 hours ago, ArvinIG said:

Hi @Smithy,

Thank you for your post. We will need to determine if the Stock is ISA allowed first. Could you pelase let us know what is the stock ticker?
Once clarified our team will be able to guide accordingly.

Thank you - Arvin

Hi Arvin,

Thanks for the response, the ticker code is: INHC

Regards,

Tom

6 minutes ago, Smithy said:

Hi Arvin,

Thanks for the response, the ticker code is: INHC

Regards,

Tom

just to elaborate slightly (as I ran out of time to edit my original post)...

I already have some private purchase of these shares via my ISA trading account, so imagine it's allowed(?).

If so, am I able to exercise my share options straight into this account / these shares directly, and bypass the tax?

Regards,

Tom