Can you trade OTCQX with IG

DUC569

Question

4 answers to this question

On 19/02/2023 at 04:48, DUC569 said:

Hi,

I have some shares that are traded on the OTCQX that i would like to transfer to my IG account, is trading on OTCQX supported?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hi @DUC569

I have been advised, yes since OTCQX is a US OTC market. For share trading we are only offering NYSE and NASDAQ listed stocks. 

All the best - MongiIG

18 hours ago, MongiIG said:

Hi @DUC569

I have been advised, yes since OTCQX is a US OTC market. For share trading we are only offering NYSE and NASDAQ listed stocks. 

All the best - MongiIG

Hi,

Thank you for your reply,

So my understanding from your response is that i can transfer these shares to my IG account, is this correct?

And

If i would like to sell them at a later date or purchase more how is that done?

3 hours ago, DUC569 said:

Hi,

Thank you for your reply,

So my understanding from your response is that i can transfer these shares to my IG account, is this correct?

And

If i would like to sell them at a later date or purchase more how is that done?

Hi @DUC569

You can only trade OTC stocks within a Spreadbet and a CFD account. Therefore you cannot transfer the shares into IG as we only offer stocks listed on the NYSE and NASDAQ and not OTC markets for share dealing.

I hope this helps for your understanding.

All the best - MongiIG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• AAPL Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge Daily Chart, 28 March 2024 Apple Inc., (AAPL) Daily Chart AAPL Elliott Wave Technical Analysis   FUNCTION: Trend MODE: Impulsive STRUCTURE: Motive   POSITION: Wave (5) DIRECTION: Upside in wave 3 of (5). DETAILS: We are looking at Apple being in a larger correction, differentiating from the rest of the major SPX components. We are exploring the possibility of a triangle in wave {b} of 2 or else we could also be in some sort of complex correction swill in wave 2.           AAPL Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge 4H Chart, 28 March 2024 Apple Inc., (AAPL) 4H Chart AAPL Elliott Wave Technical Analysis   FUNCTION: Trend MODE: Impulsive STRUCTURE: Motive   POSITION: Wave {iii} of 3.   DIRECTION: Upside in wave {iii}. DETAILS: Here we explore the possibility of further upside into wave {iii} as there is a possibility for a five wave move into wave {i} and we are finding support on the middle of MG2 at 172$. Looking for continuation higher to give us additional confirmation.         Welcome to our AAPL Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge, where we delve into Apple Inc. (AAPL) using Elliott Wave Technical Analysis. Let's uncover the market dynamics on the Daily Chart as of March 28, 2024. *AAPL Elliott Wave Technical Analysis – Daily Chart* Our analysis indicates a trending function characterized by impulsive mode and motive structure, positioned in Wave (5). The direction signals an upside momentum in wave 3 of (5). Apple appears to be undergoing a larger correction, setting it apart from other major SPX components. We're currently exploring the possibility of a triangle formation in wave {b} of 2, or alternatively, we could be experiencing a complex correction within wave 2. * AAPL Elliott Wave Technical Analysis – Daily Chart* Here, we also identify a trending function marked by impulsive mode and motive structure, positioned in Wave {iii} of 3. The direction indicates an upside trajectory in wave {iii}. Our analysis suggests the potential for further upside into wave {iii}, supported by the possibility of a five-wave move into wave {i}. We are currently finding support around the middle of MG2 at $172, anticipating continuation higher to provide additional confirmation. Technical Analyst : Alessio Barretta   Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!    
    • Truthfully, cryptocurrency has been gaining good traction and adoption across the globe. In addition to other mainstream adopters of blockchain technology along its by products like cryptocurrency, countries collectively tagged under MENA have been seen to be incredibly involved in Cryptocurrency lately. Around 2020-2022, Web3 in the middle-east went through a significant and worthwhile transformation from a small bourgeoning industry to a headliner in the mainstream media. UAE for instance saw an exponential increase in the number of crypto businesses while securing a 10% of global transactions.   In the same UAE, it is thrilling to discover crypto literacy is being taught in schools, this is clearly a concerted move towards leveraging on this technology as the job hub come 2040.  Other gulf countries are following in the footsteps, countries like Oman made its debut by coming into the crypto scene with a grand infrastructure, the country has about $1.1B invested in crypto mining, this singular move has attracted worthwhile foreign countries.  All of these strides taken by these MENA countries sparks some form of optimism in users along the ETF approval and upcoming Bitcoin halving as the major catalysts of the next bull run. Similarly, These actions taken by MENA serve a role globally considering how all the necessary ingredients are inherently available to its crypto savvy geeks; rapidly developing infrastructure, favourable policy making, and welcoming users sentiment. This has led blockchain technology to find its footing in this part of world. Through all of these, Bitget has been greatly instrumental to the growth of blockchain in MENA, it has provided some of the products that seek to ease crypto participation. To mention a few, Bitget Wallet is heralded as the largest wallet in Asia with about 19 million users.  As per a study by bitget of how blockchain savvy MENA has become, the Managing Director of Bitget; Gracy Chen has proposed to scale the company’s team and hire professionals across the region to fill a range of mid and back office roles. This effort is made in a bid to facilitate a profound and robust cryptocurrency adoption, looking at all of these, i’ll contend in a nutshell that, the future of crypto development in the middle east seems ever promising.
    • AUDJPY Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge Day Chart,     Australian Dollar / Japanese Yen (AUDJPY) Day Chart   AUDJPY Elliott Wave Technical Analysis FUNCTION: Counter Trend                   MODE: impulsive                 STRUCTURE: blue wave 1                   POSITION:  Black wave C                   DIRECTION NEXT HIGHER  DEGREES: blue wave 2             DETAILS : black wave B completed at 100.166 . Now blue wave 1 of C is in play. Wave Cancel invalid level:100.166   The AUDJPY Elliott Wave Analysis for the day chart provides insights into the potential price movements of the Australian Dollar against the Japanese Yen, utilizing Elliott Wave principles for technical analysis.   Identified as a "Counter Trend" scenario, the analysis suggests that the current market direction opposes the prevailing trend, indicating a potential reversal or corrective movement against the broader price trend. This implies that traders may anticipate a temporary deviation from the primary trend before a potential resumption or reversal.   Described as "impulsive" in mode, the analysis indicates that the current market movement exhibits characteristics of impulsive price action, suggesting strong and decisive movements in the direction of the current trend or counter trend move.   The "STRUCTURE" is identified as "blue wave 1," providing clarity on the current wave count within the Elliott Wave cycle. This aids traders in understanding the ongoing counter trend move and its relation to the broader Elliott Wave pattern.   Positioned as "Black wave C," the analysis highlights the current wave count within the counter trend move, indicating the specific phase of the corrective pattern within the broader Elliott Wave cycle.   The "DIRECTION NEXT HIGHER DEGREES" is stated as "blue wave 2," suggesting the anticipated direction for the subsequent higher-degree wave. This implies that once the current counter trend move completes, the market may resume its upward movement within the broader Elliott Wave structure.   In the "DETAILS" section, it is noted that "black wave B completed at 100.166. Now blue wave 1 of C is in play." This indicates that the current counter trend move is ongoing, with the expectation of further upside movement before a potential reversal or continuation of the broader trend.   In summary, the AUDJPY Elliott Wave Analysis for the day chart offers traders valuable insights into potential counter trend movements, corrective phases, and critical levels to monitor within the broader Elliott Wave structure, aiding in informed trading decisions.       AUDJPY Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge 4 Hour Chart,     Australian Dollar / Japanese Yen (AUDJPY) 4 Hour Chart   AUDJPY Elliott Wave Technical Analysis FUNCTION: Trend                   MODE: corrective                 STRUCTURE: Red wave 2                   POSITION:  Blue wave 1                   DIRECTION NEXT LOWER DEGREES: red wave 3             DETAILS red wave 1 of 1 looking completed at 98.500 ,now red wave 2 of 1 is in play. Wave Cancel invalid level:100.166         The AUDJPY Elliott Wave Analysis for the 4-hour chart provides insights into the potential price movements of the Australian Dollar against the Japanese Yen, employing Elliott Wave principles for technical analysis.   Identified as a "Trend" scenario, the analysis suggests that the current market direction aligns with the prevailing trend, indicating a potential continuation of the broader price movement. This implies that traders may anticipate further movements in the direction of the established trend.   Described as "corrective" in mode, the analysis indicates that the current market movement represents a corrective phase within the broader price action. This suggests that the current movement may serve to correct the preceding impulse wave, potentially leading to a temporary deviation from the primary trend before a potential resumption.   The "STRUCTURE" is identified as "Red wave 2," providing clarity on the current wave count within the Elliott Wave cycle. This aids traders in understanding the ongoing corrective phase and its relation to the broader Elliott Wave pattern.   Positioned as "Blue wave 1," the analysis highlights the current wave count within the corrective phase, indicating the specific phase of the corrective pattern within the broader Elliott Wave cycle.   The "DIRECTION NEXT LOWER DEGREES" is stated as "red wave 3," suggesting the anticipated direction for the subsequent lower-degree wave. This implies that once the current corrective phase completes, the market may resume its downward movement within the broader Elliott Wave structure.   In the "DETAILS" section, it is noted that "red wave 1 of 1 looking completed at 98.500, now red wave 2 of 1 is in play." This indicates that the current corrective phase is ongoing, with the expectation of further downside movement before a potential reversal and the start of a new trend.   In summary, the AUDJPY Elliott Wave Analysis for the 4-hour chart offers traders valuable insights into potential price movements, corrective phases, and critical levels to monitor within the broader Elliott Wave structure, aiding in informed trading decisions.   Technical Analyst : Malik Awais Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!    
us