Are fan tokens worth the bag?

Fan tokens like any cryptocurrency can be traded for profits; however, their values emanate from the exclusive use cases they possess. Their values may appreciate or depreciate depending on how much importance sports fans place on these exclusive use cases.

Evidently blockchain technology has facilitated innovative ways for industries to foster good relationships with their consumers, so through fan tokens, fans can explore new ways to engage their favourite sport teams. 

When an investor purchases fan tokens, they gain access to fan-related benefits and can pay for these benefits using their tokens. These benefits may include limited edition merch, game attendance or exclusive fan events, voting rights for team decisions such as bus or kit designs etc.

Fan tokens were probably created for sport team fans to easily access or engage their team but in the case of a growing demand or important use cases, their values can witness a hike. PSG token for instance, surged to an ATH (43% jump) in 2021 when footballing icon Lionel Messi was signed to the club.

In recent times Tottenham Hotspurs fan token, $SPURS, seems to be gaining traction. Probably charged by the team’s impressive outings in the current EPL season and the expectations that this could finally be the season the team wins a silverware and potentially send the token flying. A good time to invest in the token you'd think? 

On 01/11/2023 at 09:18, Incarts said:

Fan tokens like any cryptocurrency can be traded for profits; however, their values emanate from the exclusive use cases they possess. Their values may appreciate or depreciate depending on how much importance sports fans place on these exclusive use cases.

Evidently blockchain technology has facilitated innovative ways for industries to foster good relationships with their consumers, so through fan tokens, fans can explore new ways to engage their favourite sport teams. 

When an investor purchases fan tokens, they gain access to fan-related benefits and can pay for these benefits using their tokens. These benefits may include limited edition merch, game attendance or exclusive fan events, voting rights for team decisions such as bus or kit designs etc.

Fan tokens were probably created for sport team fans to easily access or engage their team but in the case of a growing demand or important use cases, their values can witness a hike. PSG token for instance, surged to an ATH (43% jump) in 2021 when footballing icon Lionel Messi was signed to the club.

In recent times Tottenham Hotspurs fan token, $SPURS, seems to be gaining traction. Probably charged by the team’s impressive outings in the current EPL season and the expectations that this could finally be the season the team wins a silverware and potentially send the token flying. A good time to invest in the token you'd think? 

Fan Token owners can participate in team decisions through voting. Last year, tokenized clubs launched more than 300 binding surveys, in which their fans were able to decide on kit and captain's armband designs, transfer numbers, names of new facilities and other issues in which they previously had no say.
Whatever their team does, with Fan Tokens the fan always wins, as they gain access to an innovative digital ecosystem in which every interaction is rewarded with points that the user can redeem for prizes such as signed jerseys, free tickets, meetings with players and unique experiences such as playing a match with a team legend in the stadium of your dreams. CHZ is one among my top fan tokens now.Screenshot_20231102-201739.thumb.png.73aa3913877dd215e7a3be5411a8def7.png

On 01/11/2023 at 09:18, Incarts said:

Just like other coins in the crypto space, fan tokens also react to buy/selling pressures of the traders engaging it and also to the usecase like voting for a popular player or the club. What has made Tottenham Hotspurs fan token $SPURS gain traction like you've mentioned was its recent listing on Bitget which is a Fundamental event that make tokens rise under normal circumstances.

Tottenham is having and incredible season and has also gained significant fans as a result of their performance so far. This perhaps has contributed to the rising demand in their fan token. If they can keep this tempo and continue with their current form, we might see a surge in price hence am still monitoring the tokens performance.

• 4 months later...
On 03/11/2023 at 11:08, Jaja24 said:

CHZ has always been my favorite fan token , I recently bought SPURS but a small amount. If I’m impressed will the price movement could add more 

Hi @Jaja24, I'd like to talk to you more about having fan tokens, would that be OK? Thanks, Imran

17 hours ago, Morydiel said:

With Tottenham Hotspurs' current form, it could be a smart move. Just do your homework and be mindful of the risks.

Thanks for the advice as users esp the newbies are not aware of DYOR & risk management. These has really helped me in the navigating through crypto investing & trading with zero or minimal losses.

Another interesting way to avoid the bite of the market is to Copy trade an elite which has helped me onboard myself slowly but steadily at the largest copy trading platform. 

My opinion on this is that they are not worth it. FAN tokens were created just to get some money on the hype around crypto. For low-budget wallets, I'd recommend focusing on testnets, so you can get some tokens of great projects by making a few transactions or any other activities mentioned in the testnet phase. 

The most popular project nowadays that you can join and get some winnings on is Linea Park. It has a great perspective, smth like Aptos if you have heard of it. I got tokens worth 3k$ after completing their test net with 0 investments.