As BTC halving approaches, what are your expectations after halving?

Bitcoin halving has always proof to be a game changer in the crypto narrative looking at the previous ones.

With more people now in the know about the opportunity crypto can offer, am already thinking in my head what could possibly happen after this year's Bitcoin halving.

While going through the net to read some news, I stumbled upon an article from Bitget survey conducted in various regions across the world about anticipation of investors ahead of the pre and post Bitcoin halving and it's thrilling to see that 84% of investors across board share a positive sentiment that Bitcoin will cross the previous $69k ATH but it remains uncertain if BTC can hit the $100k mark according to some expert opinions.

Do you think this survey could potentially increase investors interest in holdling more BTC ahead of post halving. Share your thoughts.

Absolutely, the Bitcoin halving has historically been a significant event, impacting the crypto narrative and often leading to increased attention and price movements. It's intriguing to see that a Bitget survey reveals such a positive sentiment among investors worldwide regarding the post-halving scenario.

The fact that 84% of investors anticipate Bitcoin crossing the previous $69k all-time high is indicative of the growing confidence in the cryptocurrency. However, the uncertainty surrounding whether BTC can reach the $100k mark, as suggested by some experts, adds an element of realism to the expectations.

In my view, the survey results could contribute to a bullish narrative and potentially lead to increased interest in holding more BTC ahead of the post-halving period. However, it's essential for investors to conduct thorough research, assess the broader market conditions, and make informed decisions based on a comprehensive understanding of the crypto space.

It's so refreshing to see that notwithstanding all the hitches the crypto industry has faced recently the general masses still maintain a positive sentiment. Kudos to the organisers of the survey, they've successfully provided relevant insights into crypto investment as it continues to evolve. For the effect of halving on BTC, I like to be positive as well. Hopefully the effects will weigh in post-halving as we've seen historically.

Edited by Incarts
3 hours ago, Wakanda said:

Bitcoin halving has always proof to be a game changer in the crypto narrative looking at the previous ones.

With more people now in the know about the opportunity crypto can offer, am already thinking in my head what could possibly happen after this year's Bitcoin halving.

While going through the net to read some news, I stumbled upon an article from Bitget survey conducted in various regions across the world about anticipation of investors ahead of the pre and post Bitcoin halving and it's thrilling to see that 84% of investors across board share a positive sentiment that Bitcoin will cross the previous $69k ATH but it remains uncertain if BTC can hit the $100k mark according to some expert opinions.

Do you think this survey could potentially increase investors interest in holdling more BTC ahead of post halving. Share your thoughts.

BTC halving reduces the mining reward by half every four years. The next one is in April 2024 which is on the way. Many investors hope it will push the price above $69k, but some doubt it can reach $100k. The survey shows the optimism of the crypto community, but it may not affect the actual market. The price depends on supply and demand, not on opinions.

20 hours ago, Wakanda said:

Gracy Chen of Bitget also pointed out that post halving bull run are always fueled by other factors and this time around we could be seeing interesting multiple factors which may include the growth on the BTC ecosystem, DePIN, L2 and L3 tracks. We could also be seeing the mother of all bull run this time but only time will tell.

On 04/02/2024 at 03:15, Ambivert3 said:

BTC halving reduces the mining reward by half every four years. The next one is in April 2024 which is on the way. Many investors hope it will push the price above $69k, but some doubt it can reach $100k. The survey shows the optimism of the crypto community, but it may not affect the actual market. The price depends on supply and demand, not on opinions.

But the thig is, we didn't have any major corrections since 16k 😑. Maybe, a correction is coming ... Whatever,,,,opened some shorts on Bitget.

On 04/02/2024 at 20:42, Maxicreed01 said:

Gracy Chen of Bitget also pointed out that post halving bull run are always fueled by other factors and this time around we could be seeing interesting multiple factors which may include the growth on the BTC ecosystem, DePIN, L2 and L3 tracks. We could also be seeing the mother of all bull run this time but only time will tell.

But the chart says.... We're gonna have correction..Also March dumps harder!

IMG_20240207_232841.jpg

On 07/02/2024 at 18:27, Imam said:

But the thig is, we didn't have any major corrections since 16k 😑. Maybe, a correction is coming ... Whatever,,,,opened some shorts on Bitget.

Hahaha..you should be liquidated by now lol...I think that survey is properly carried out as the predictions are already playing out with BTC now trading above $50k. Am beginning to see that $100k ATH is possible from here.

6 hours ago, Wakanda said:

Hahaha..you should be liquidated by now lol...I think that survey is properly carried out as the predictions are already playing out with BTC now trading above $50k. Am beginning to see that $100k ATH is possible from here.

Nope, you got me wrong, I'm not a perma bull/bear. Like for today~

DAILY BTC SENTIMENT: SHORT 

Entry 50100

SL 52000

TP1:49188

TP2:48858

TP3:48123

Note: It again reaches 50K before falling; I'll hold my short position on Bitget till 44K before the end of the month. However, it is difficult emotionally to hold it. Until 47.3K is lost, I encourage you to avoid trading.

CATALYST:

CPI came in higher than the forecast as anticipated. However, It’s a very minor deviation from forecast . Nothing major to dump the market. 

CONFLUENCE:

DXY Pumped . 

Traditional Markets -Pre-market dump 

This price movement is typical of an accumulation zone, and the easiest approach to avoid trading in an accumulation zone if it frustrates you. However, after 43K hits, you'll realize what I mean.

Edited by Imam

Surveys showing positive investor sentiment about Bitcoin's potential price increase after the halving can attract more interest in holding BTC. However, market movements are influenced by various unpredictable factors, and sentiment alone doesn't guarantee price outcomes. Bitcoin's historical halving events have impacted the market, creating scarcity and potential demand. While optimism may encourage investors to hold or buy more, it's important to consider the volatile nature of cryptocurrency markets and make informed decisions based on long-term perspectives and risk tolerance.

Historically, Bitcoins halving have broken all previous records upon its halving. It have grown exponentially upon every halving and one can expect the same from the upcoming halving. Also there are multiple studies which are suggesting that this halving will break all previous records by a big margin. So, I am very optimistic for the future of Bitcoin in 2024 and expect the year to be bullish.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, capitulinagarage said:

This is like the Super Bowl for crypto folks, right?

Bitcoin halving is set for this week.

Bitcoin Halving Event

The cryptocurrency was hit hard over the weekend after Iran carried out a series of strikes against Israeli territory. The attack, in response to Israel’s attack on Iran’s consulate in Syria at the start of the month, saw in excess of 350 drones and missiles launched by Iran. According to the Israel Defence Force (IDF), ‘99%’ of these ‘threats’ were successfully intercepted. With the cryptocurrency sector being the only market open over the weekend, traders used the sector’s liquidity to hedge risk. Bitcoin hit a low of $60.6k as news of the impending strike filtered through, while Ethereum hit a multi-week low of $2,845. In the altcoin space, losses of 25% or more were seen, sparking multiple liquidation stories. Prices across the board are pushing higher today, but the weekend’s losses will take some time to fully recover.

The weekend sell-off saw Bitcoin fall below both the 20- and 50-day simple moving averages for the first time since late January. Both of these will need to be recovered convincingly, along with a prior resistance-turned-support level at $69k, before Bitcoin can make a fresh attempt at the mid-March $73.78k all-time high.

BITCOIN DAILY PRICE CHART – APRIL 15TH, 2024

image2.png

Ethereum is over 3% higher today after making a multi-month low of $2,845 on Saturday. Ethereum must reclaim both the 20- and 50-day moving averages before $ 3,582 comes back into play. Above here, the April 8th/9th double high at $3,728 comes into focus.

ETHEREUM DAILY PRICE CHART – APRIL 15TH, 2024

image3.png

All charts via TradingView

What is your view on Bitcoin and Ethereum – bullish or bearish?

Apr 15, 2024 1:30 PM +02:00

Nick Cawley,
Senior Strategist DailyFX

While after all the previous halvings, Bitcoin's price skyrocketed, this halving will be different. This is because now the Bitcoin ETF is in play, which will attract long-term investors, resulting in a decrease in volatility. Bitcoin will most likely still experience a hike and reach new heights, but the returns will not match the previous levels.

• Great! 1
On 16/04/2024 at 11:35, capitulinagarage said:

This is like the Super Bowl for crypto folks, right?  My expectations are cautiously optimistic; we've seen history repeat itself with previous halving events leading to price surges, so let's hope the pattern holds true this time.

I'm particularly curious about how the halving might impact mining dynamics and profitability. Have you checked out asicminercompare.com? It's a handy resource to keep an eye on the latest mining trends and gear.

My two cents? I think we're in for a wild ride, but with Bitcoin, you never know what's around the corner!

On 03/02/2024 at 18:59, Wakanda said:

It has to be honest, especially my humble self & I think the price trend of BTC is gonna be promising which could prolly make me a millionaire, having invested in it.

On 18/04/2024 at 13:12, KPSingh said:

While after all the previous halvings, Bitcoin's price skyrocketed, this halving will be different. This is because now the Bitcoin ETF is in play, which will attract long-term investors, resulting in a decrease in volatility. Bitcoin will most likely still experience a hike and reach new heights, but the returns will not match the previous levels.

I completely agree with you, time will show.