Profitable 100 ticks weekly Dow Dax daily options strategy

Guest oilfxpro

Guest oilfxpro

Today  I  have a long  13090 call for 35 , it is most likely to be a loss.A cash long at 1.3076 with a stop at 1.3045, this trade is not part of my system, but a trend trade.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"75 %  of the time it works". Not in a downtrend it doesn't, nor during a period of consolidation. Select your strategy to suit the prevailing market conditions. 

https://www.dailyfx.com/forex/education/trading_tips/daily_trading_lesson/2012/06/15/How_to_Build_a_Strategy_Part_1.html

This is not what a up-trending chart looks like, and therefore cannot be conducive to a bull-trend trading strategy.

GER30(£)H11711.png

Guest oilfxpro

Casey 

I don't trade like the herd i.e buy high and close lower, trend trading means sell lower and getting stopped out higher  at a loss.This is for amateurs  and the herds. 

Guest oilfxpro

dax 12880 calls for 42

closed for  72   = 30 profit+++++

Not many traders can post trades in advance , all the clowns post hindsight results  and hindsight technical anylysis.

Guest oilfxpro

sean2

The stock markets are long biased, would you make a profit trading shorts?I don't trade shorts because the probability of making money on shorts is low.Secondly failure of shorts arouse psychological demons.

People sell trend trading education and courses, because they can't make money timing the markets and 80% of trends fail.Trends are visible only in hindsight.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/224518-why-good-traders-get-banned-3.html#post2926796

Guest oilfxpro

sean2

The stock markets are long biased, would you make a profit trading shorts?I don't trade shorts because the probability of making money on shorts is low.Secondly failure of shorts arouse psychological demons.

People sell trend trading education and courses, because they can't make money timing the markets and 80% of trends fail.Trends are visible only in hindsight.

Of course you are right .  Check the bigger picture to make sure you are not going against the prevailing market conditions.  is also right but not 80% of trends fail, 100% fail. All trends come to an end when they consolidate or reverse.

Note the dax monthly, 3 year downtrend 1999 - 2002, 1 year downtrends in 2007 & 2010 & 2014.

So check the market on 3 or 4 time frames up from the one you are trading and either choose a market to suit the strategy or choose a strategy to suit the market. 

GER30(£)Monthly.png

Interesting to note that both Gann & Livermore made fortunes on "shorting" the market. Not taking anything away from what you are saying. Just making an observation.

"So check the market on 3 or 4 time frames up from the one you are trading and either choose a market to suit the strategy or choose a strategy to suit the market."

Couldn't agree more.

Guest oilfxpro

sean2

Usually by the time you see a trend , it is too late to enter, it is usually reversing 80% of the time.

choose a strategy to suit the market.

This strategy is about implementing positions for short term longs, along with the vast majority of the market.

Successful trading is about being in agreement with the market, and being in agreement with other professional traders.Long trades on indices have an edge , short trades do not as per some data, 67% of long trades were profitable.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indices/223440-edge-set-forget-indices-trading.html

I understand the strategy & I appreciate your posts & time. Personally I adhere to the realization that there isn't one strategy to fit all conditions. I've made decent gains in bull & bear. I'm also a firm believer in doing what suits you best and what makes you profit. screenshot_2085 Jan. 29 15.43 (2).jpg

Archived