Sign in to follow this  

IG LIFETIME ISA (LISA)

Hi there,

Does anyone know if IG plan on introducing LIFETIME ISA's into their offerings, as this is a very popular product which is getting lots of interest, I am opening one ASAP and would prefer to use IG as my trading account is with them, but will have to open a LISA elswhere if they dont plan on offering it. 

Many thanks, 

Ted

hey - unfortunately there are no plans on introducing a Lifetime ISA offering at present. If this changes in the short to mid term I'll try and let you know. 

Hi - Any ETA for the LISA? I had to move some of my IG cash to AJ Bell and not a big fan.
If it's going to happen this year I am happy to wait. Let us know!

Hi @jplarch - unfortunately we don't have any work planned on offering  a LISA. 

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    mziadawood
    Joined 26/06/19 12:22
    • On another thread which @cryptotraderstarted @wjw22 commented that Bitcoin is not money. Money is something that can be transferred or used in exchange for goods and services. Bitcoin (though not widely accepted - in fact miniscule acceptance at this stage compared to FIAT) can be exchanged for goods and services in certain places across the globe.  They then go on to state that Bitcoin is not a store of value. These are just words. Since Bitcoin's inception in 2009 if you invested £1000 of your hard money into both Bitcoin and Gold then Bitcoin would have proved to be the better store of value than Gold. This is even after numerous 70% to 80% corrections! Bitcoin is not only the best performing asset in the whole world in 2019 but it is the better store of value since its inception. If @wjw22 has any evidence to support otherwise then please do provide.  They then state Bitcoin is a Ponzi and a pyramid scheme. Again these are just words. The European Commission, UK Government and many large Government and corporations are looking at Cryptocurrencies and how it can be applied in certain jurisdictions across the globe. We are at a very early stage. These things take a lot of time. Evidence from a credible source needs to be provided to support such statements as otherwise they are just words which originate from bias, ego, stubbornness, etc.  @cryptotrader, in case why you are wondering why I am not responding to your thread, it is because I want to avoid any aggressive discussions and arguments. We all have different levels of understanding and experience in this area. We all read different literature and research papers on this area. We all have different levels of knowledge in this area. Another reason is because I have done what you have a year or two ago in either this thread or the Blockchain Trilogy thread, cannot remember and it is pointless unless there are balanced arguments presented with credible evidence from credible sources.  People first compared Bitcoin to the Tulip Mania. Now that it has blasted through that people are now comparing it to the Internet boom and bust. Why must we compare it to anything? The Bitcoin boom and bust and boom again could be new future being created without any copying of past historical incidents. Future performance does not have to be based on past historical performance. From time to time new history is created that is different from the past. Bitcoin is a new asset and a new revolution which will create a new history and a new future.  Now @cryptotrader your thread was about Bitcoin specifically based on your title. Not about Cryptocurrencies in general. Yes a lot of Cryptocurrencies are junk. If Bitcoin's store of value is laughable then its store of value performance in terms of protecting capital and increase the value of the capital is astonishing when compared to Gold in the same period of time since Bitcoin's inception. Someone is buying Bitcoin hence the price is going up. A normal person does not need buy one Bitcoin at $13000. They can buy a fraction of it using FIAT money. That is the beauty. Countries like China and Russia want to end the US Dollar being the Reserve Currency. It is unlikely that the world will go back to the Gold standard. In this coming 'Digital Revolution' Bitcoin is one of the favourite to be groomed as the worlds first digital reserve currency which is not linked to any one specific country like the US. During US-North Korea, Bitcoin went up more than Gold. During US-Iran tensions, Bitcoin went up more than Gold. Therefore times are changing. People and countries do not want to store their money in something which can be manipulated by central governments and priced in US Dollars. Times are changing and power is shifting from the west to the east and countries like Japan have embraced Cryptocurrencies. I respect the views of others but what tends to happen is that if someone is negative towards Bitcoin then they highlight the negative and do not offer a balanced argument. Likewise if someone is positive towards Bitcoin then they do not highlight the negatives. Even I am guilty of that. I accept there are negatives and flaws in Bitcoin and other Crypto's.  
    • @cryptotrader wrote (in Silver Bullet thread): "I've always thought that cryptos are completely unrelated to other asset types which is why they're so difficult to price. Everything else has the inter-connectivity between themselves (Fed IR effect USD 'value', which knocks on to USD denominated assets, which leads into equities, re-positioning etc) but always thought crypto is a world unto its own. Linked to cost of production - electricity, CPU costs etc." I think the notion that crypto is something apart from the rest of the financial world is a concept that pervaded the first internet boom; the idea that the internet was going to change the nature of business and society by providing free access to everything and there for traditional business models would fail.  Instead the first internet boom failed, well hardly surprising as all those budding entrepreneurs forgot that you have to make money by charging for goods or services to become a millionaire (although a few clearly did purely off the back of selling out early enough - which is a watch out now on crypto for anyone invested for the long term).  Out of the ashes rose the second internet (or tech) boom but interestingly the winners were those that effectively adopted traditional business models (i.e. the need to make profits and generate positive cashflows - duh!).  The share prices are now massively over inflated of course but that is just financial market forces (the markets can remain irrational longer than we can remain solvent, kind of thing) rather than anything intrinsically wrong with their business models.  Now that these businesses are profitable and hold masses of cash (masses!!!) they can withstand a major downturn, perhaps better than some other more traditional sectors, and be positioned well for the eventual recovery.  It is this recover where I think we will see the really discontinuous tech disruption, the next leap forward.  This is what happened after the first internet bubble burst.  It is after the crash and clear out that we will see Crypto, or rather the blockchain type technology, become mainstream in terms of replacing physical cash, this is the end game, not some nirvana of a non FIAT collective new age hippie dippy free of politics currency (or set of currencies) that everyone will use free of government control - you might as well just howl at the moon as think that is ever going to happen. As regards you comment about Crypto being apart, well how do you buy or invest in Crypto?  With cash of course.  And how it is currently "valued" in the markets?  In USD, hmm... The real problems at present for Crypto, and the reasons it will all end in tears until the next iteration are (for me): There are too many Cryptos, until it is mainstream (i.e. the tech backing electronic FIAT currency, which is the root of the concept of currency right back to the earliest days of non precious metal currency (i.e. the right to exchange a paper bill for gold) it is the wild west. Ordinary people are not using Crypto as a currency, it does not have wide adoption It will not get wide adoption until it is better understood and backed by something normal people recognise as sound (i.e. governments) There isn't sufficient liquidity for wide adoption and consequently the price of a bitcoin is too high for a normal person to use it (similar problem with Gold BTW, which is why I prefer Silver for true disaster insurance and consequently hold physical silver coins) The price is too high and too volatile, it is in the hands of speculators - hence it is a mania The idea that Crypto is a store of value is laughable.  When the $£!& hits the fan people will buy Gold and Silver and USD and Yen, things they understand and can cling to in an uncertain world.  They will not buy bitcoin.  Even if they wanted to how can any normal person buy bitcoin at $50,000 per coin?  Barking mad the whole thing - but this is what I expect at the end of the cycle so carry..!    
    • Unfortunately i am no longer able to continue giving these updates. Alas our fun journey ends here, my fingernails are intact @Caseynotes, lol I will be here still in the forums. Thanks all for your input. DJ